Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Why do we have to deserve every win? ;)

We were robbed 2 points, shameful performance aside.

We can't rely on luck anymore. I think we had our share already. Especially with referees like Lahoz, who will now surely be appointed for at least 2 more Barca games this season. I'm terribly dissappointed with how we played yesterday, since everything was looking up last weekend.

Joan

We can't rely on luck anymore. I think we had our share already. Especially with referees like Lahoz, who will now surely be appointed for at least 2 more Barca games this season. I'm terribly dissappointed with how we played yesterday, since everything was looking up last weekend.
It wasn't luck,
They were gifted the only shot on the goal and a player on the pitch.

We are all dissappointed with yesterday's performance but am more concerned about losing points.

MagIX

Yes, Lahoz was a big factor (and is a waste of sperm, as I said before) and he possibly cost us 2 points.

But even if we won 1-0 with this kind of performance, it would be undeserved.

I agree. The problem is, yes it can happen that you got a bad day and an undeserved win,..or a undeserved loss (unlucky day); but unfortunately this is not our case.
Something is broken in our system that led us in a comfortable position.

Till some weeks ago our system worked well, we lost in attacking power, but we were more balanced (midfield and defense), as Messi explained very well when asked about Neymar departure:
"Neymar's departure has changed our way of playing. We lose lots of attacking potential but it helped us in a defensive sence. Right now we're very well armed in the centre of the pitch. We have more balance and that makes us defensively strong."
EV, with the available material, did a very good job.

But now that system doesn't work anymore and it is more and more evident.
Unfortunately this happens precisely in the decisive period of the season....
Obviously, it is not easy and it is risky to change a proven system just in this period of the season (without having experimented and tested it several times), but for sure he could give more time to Dembele and Coutinho, and more rest to Iniesta and others players.
For me now, seeing the situation, he have to take some risk.

George_Costanza

I thought we had enough cushion in the league by March to focus on the UCL, but now we will need to stay focused on the league, which will be an advantage for Real in the UCL.

If Real wins another UCL (3rd in the row) I will call our campaign this season a failure even if we win the league.

henias

1. If he wants to "go in for the kill", then play same the starting lineup against Girona, not goddamn workhorse 101, which has failed countless times.

2. If not, dont even try, and just rest majority of your key players.

3. Dont play "conservative" BS, and then chase for the result like mad, ended up with key players not rested at all. That's not how you win the league.

His obssession with defense has overplayed our priorities and capabilities in attack; especially with big name signings at his disposal, at the same time, neglecting the energy levels of our key players like Iniesta and Busquets. We need a balance, Valverde on the other hand, is quite the extreme.

What's the point of Mina, Semedo, Coutinho or Dembele if they are not part of his defensive fantasy setup and I cant imagine what will happen after the arrival of Griezmann. Lets hope he doesnt get thrown into the dumpster.

Barcilliant

1. If he wants to "go in for the kill", then play same the starting lineup against Girona, not goddamn workhorse 101, which has failed countless times.

3. Dont play "conservative" BS, and then chase for the result like mad, ended up with key players not rested at all. That's not how you win the league.

His obssession with defense has overplayed our priorities and capabilities in attack; especially with big name signings at his disposal, at the same time, neglecting the energy levels of our key players like Iniesta and Busquets. We need a balance, Valverde on the other hand, is quite the extreme.

What's the point of Mina, Semedo, Coutinho or Dembele if they are not part of his defensive fantasy setup and I cant imagine what will happen after the arrival of Griezmann. Lets hope he doesnt get thrown into the dumpster.

Valverde could become a legend at Chelsea. There's a job tailor made for him!

Barcilliant

His management of the new players has been inept bordering on farcical. Even if this guy wins the league and stays next season I cannot see a bright future. We need a manager who has a big personality, is not timid and knows how to manage super stars.

Barcilliant

It's not only Valverde that worries me it's the team in general.

We seem unable to produce in the crucial periods of the game and the season in general.

We need a new manager who knows how to get the best out of our aging players and how to rotate to keep them fresh. Our squad isn't great but it's a lot better than most Cl teams.

FCBfan22

I'm interested in what he will do against Malaga, regardless of the result against Atleti.

Malaga away has been a potential banana slip for us for a quite few years...

kilian

He is a limited coach. Leaving Dembele/Coutinho on the bench for two idiots Paulinho/Vidal is a really bad decision. And when you see there`s ton of space to exploit, instead of subbing Dembele in, you put him on the field last 15 minutes when Las Palmas parked the bus.
Some really idiotic decisions by our coach. That cunt Lahoz made big mistakes against us, but Valverde is the one who fucked up this game.

aaron101

I'm interested in what he will do against Malaga, regardless of the result against Atleti.

Malaga away has been a potential banana slip for us for a quite few years...

As usual, he will play a strong 11 and most likely going to overplay our starters again (Suarez, Iniesta etc.)

vlad

His management of the new players has been inept bordering on farcical. Even if this guy wins the league and stays next season I cannot see a bright future. We need a manager who has a big personality, is not timid and knows how to manage super stars.

Zidane?

Home of Barca Fans