Ernesto Valverde - V1

khaled_a_d

I would accept Paulinho if we won't get Bellerin.

No, Bellerin is better player and fill a bigger need,doesn't take non-eu spot and young with tools to actually become a good player here even if he isn't there yet. And above all is a good value for money with his age and PL experience in comparison to Paulinho.

Wick

If Valverde gives the okay to Paulinho, we have a problem already.

With the board, yes. Not Valverde. That's ridiculous. It's on the board for wanting Paulinho. Do you think Valverde has any power as the new manager? What do you think would happen if new man Valverde stepped up and said 'no' to the men in charge?

Devils

With the board, yes. Not Valverde. That's ridiculous. It's on the board for wanting Paulinho. Do you think Valverde has any power as the new manager? What do you think would happen if new man Valverde stepped up and said 'no' to the men in charge?

Valverde already said no to Bellerin today. Lucho in his first summer here said no to David Luiz and all of our rumors about him stopped right after that.

Valverde has plenty of power, this board is clueless and let Lucho run riot with insane rotations and terrible signings for the last two season. It's pretty evident that they put the entire weight of the sporting project on the coach and gives the manager the responsibility.

If Valverde gives the okay on Pulinho then it is no different to me than Lucho giving the okay on Arda or Gomes. A stupid decision is a stupid decision.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Valverde already said no to Bellerin today. Lucho in his first summer here said no to David Luiz and all of our rumors about him stopped right after that.

Valverde has plenty of power, this board is clueless and let Lucho run riot with insane rotations and terrible signings for the last two season. It's pretty evident that they put the entire weight of the sporting project on the coach and gives the manager the responsibility.

If Valverde gives the okay on Pulinho then it is no different to me than Lucho giving the okay on Arda or Gomes. A stupid decision is a stupid decision.

Holy crap! If Valverde has given the ok for Paulinho we are in trouble. Problem is I can see him approving it. Valverde will play a direct style with better organisation and pressiñg then Lucho.

xXKonan

I wouldn't worry about Paulinho anymore tbh, unless we are crazy enough to spend 40 million to get him.

behindbrowneyes

After thinking a while about Paulinho I'm not that negative anymore. If they believe we need a player that we can sub in and that gives us stability and they think Paulinho can give us that I'm ok with it as long as they don't plan with him as a regular starter. If we can get Paulinho and sell Arda and this costs us max. 5M I'm sure it would improve us. There is pretty much speculation behind it though because I don't think that we'd get much for Arda. I'm not even sure if we can get rid of him.

On the "backside". We must be the first club that signs a player from that league for a higher fee than they bought him for.

BBZ8800

After thinking a while about Paulinho I'm not that negative anymore. If they believe we need a player that we can sub in and that gives us stability and they think Paulinho can give us that I'm ok with it as long as they don't plan with him as a regular starter. If we can get Paulinho and sell Arda and this costs us max. 5M I'm sure it would improve us. There is pretty much speculation behind it though because I don't think that we'd get much for Arda. I'm not even sure if we can get rid of him.

On the "backside". We must be the first club that signs a player from that league for a higher fee than they bought him for.

I doubt that a 29 years old 40M signing, Brasilian NT player, Neymar's friend, a guy whom Valverde requested, our savior, Verratti's sub, the new Xavi, future BallonDOr, is coming here to be a squad player.

In 4231, starters will be Busi+Raki or Busi+lord Paulinho.
Iniesta is out, Roberto is a squad player.

For 433, again, I can see him as the 1st, 2nd or in the worst case, 3rd choice for 2 Cm spots.

So, we are not buying a plan B, or a different option in Paulinho.
We are buying a starter, a new leader, a key man for our new system around whom we will build a team.

I am exaggerating, but you get the point.
We surely aren't buying 29 years old granny for 40M to play Rakitic and Roberto as Cms.

When Lucho came, he bought "his guy" Rakitic and Rakitic became a starter from the day 1, even though we had Xavi and Iniesta.
Paulinho is Valverde's guy.

Be prepared to watch him as a starter in majority of games in the next season.

BBZ8800

Our Saturdays in 2017/18 season, guys:
paulinho_1u7x7vcgum1931u0ve0yoljje4.jpg

Home of Barca Fans