Ernesto Valverde - V1

behindbrowneyes

He only invited 2 B players (besides goalkeepers) to USA. Disappointed.

It is hard to work with a big squad. Cucu is 18 and just joined the B-team for the last few games. It's too early and the squad already contains 2 LBs. Vitinho is a new signing for the B-team and shouldn't miss pre-season as everything is new for him. Palencia is the captain of the team and we just signed a new RB. Douglas is there too. It was always clear that Alena will get his chances in the A-team and therefore makes the squad for the US-tour. So we need goalkeepers as Masip left and MAtS is on vacation and Alena instead of Gomes for the same reason.

It's just a question of demand. I see no point in taking players with us on tour when it is clear that they won't play. Better let them stay with the B-team. The squad is very young and it will be difficult in the Segunda.

Albo

I don't understand the fixation in here with Palencia, unless he has tremendously improved this summer. He is no way near the quality that is required of a Barca first team player.

xavi_the_Boss

We have almost the whole 1st Team with us because no Euros or WC.Next year with the WC it will probably look very different with more B Team Players joining.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't understand the fixation in here with Palencia, unless he has tremendously improved this summer. He is no way near the quality that is required of a Barca first team player.

Would rather have him on a pre-season tour than Lord Douglas.

xXKonan

I bet the ones that won't get a minute during this tour will be.

Douglas

Ezkieta

Vermaelen

And maybe Munir as well.

I think at least on the defensive part of this tour it will go like this.

First string

Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Second string

Vidal-Marlon-Mascherano-Digne

Midfield will be interesting to watch and see what Valverde will do with it.

khaled_a_d

For all we know Lord might end up playing a lot lol

I bet the ones that won't get a minute during this tour will be.

Douglas

Ezkieta

Vermaelen

And maybe Munir as well.

I think at least on the defensive part of this tour it will go like this.

Every player in the squad will get minutes, we aren't gonna sell a player to a team while we aren't preparing him to gain fitness in off-season.

tacticvarium

He might because they want to generate some interest from other clubs to get rid of him. The same for Vermaelen.

That would be another example of total incompetence from this board. It's just unbelievable and unacceptable that they still belong to Barça. Should have been got rid of a long time ago.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Vermaelen might be kept as a 4th option CB but Douglas had no business being part of the tour.

Home of Barca Fans