Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cool

Three things to note:

- Fuckface Neymar is playing too deep, I saw that against Real Madrid.
- He needs to work on the defense part of the game.
- I'd like to see him try the 4-2-3-1 of his.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
4-2-3-1 is what I'd like to see him try too.

Messi plays centrally and without the ball it's the same Lucho's 4-4-2 scheme with Rakitic as pure RM. We need some new ideas.

Cool

4-2-3-1 is what I'd like to see him try too.

Messi plays centrally and without the ball it's the same Lucho's 4-4-2 scheme with Rakitic as pure RM. We need some new ideas.

Yup, I think at one point he'll have to try the 4-2-3-1, I think a pair of Busquets and Roberto can work with Roberto bombing forward like Valvarde said he likes to do.

Or we can try a 4-4-2 with Paco/Neymar (if he stays and I hope not) and Suarez and Messi behind them. However, we have to give out credit where credit due, from watching our three matches I feel like we are improving ste by step and he's introducing his ideas such as new corner and freekick tactics (That one instance when Neymar lobbed the ball to Suarez which took RM players off guard), another point is the pressing, Barca players were pressing Real players high up the pitch which made Varane and Ramos commit mistakes (when Navas saved Messi shot).

So, it's clear Valvarde is stamping some of his ideas on the team, It's just a matter of time.

Judoman

So far i very much like our new coach. Pressing is back, MF control is back, fast brakes remained. This is only a preseason, but a nice start indeed.

I hope he keeps trusting youngsters trough out the season and Alena should stay with the first team.

Devils

Great start from Ernesto. There are improvements to be made, but he clearly has some good ideas.

Home of Barca Fans