Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi and Suarez playing too close and it seems there was no connection between Raki and Messi. We should improve that but otherwise looking good.

Look at this. :lol:

Barcelona3.png

I think these graphs are not accurate representations in a lot of ways.

When the team moves to a defensive transition, Messi doesn't run back. He instead takes up a spot pressing on the highest line with or even ahead of Suarez and (sometimes) Neymar. That way, if Barca want to play a counter attack he can be a quick/high outlet to get it to. However, if they want to develop the possession slowly, Messi can just receive the ball and hold it up or slow the tempo to let everyone move ahead of him and assume their positions in the opponent half. In those scenarios (slow buildup attacks) he's often not only behind Suarez and Neymar, but even Rakitic sometimes. He often takes the same line as Iniesta and/or near Busquets to start those plays and moves forward as they advance. He's the farthest forward in a defensive phase, and among the furthest back in an attacking/possession phase. That also means he can conserve energy by not having to run up and down traveling pitch-long distances to keep the same position.

However, on these graphs it shows Messi and Suarez playing on the same line because almost half the game Messi is further forward than Suarez. It also doesn't do a good job at accurately portraying the shape of a team at different points in their transition. Lucho's tactics were pretty fucked but this doesn't tell a very correct story of why.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[tw]892773518500405249[/tw]

Boss.
Sounds too good to be true. I am sure it would not have been just Moneymar's wish to visit the players and would a new coach already have so much authority on our superstars?

behindbrowneyes

Sounds too good to be true. I am sure it would not have been just Moneymar's wish to visit the players and would a new coach already have so much authority on our superstars?

Valverde prefers a good relationship with his players and therefore speaks a lot with them. However, some reports before he became our coach suggested that he can be very authoritarian if the situation requires it. He showed good will with Neymar but enough is enough. Wouldn't rule out that it happened like this. Neymar was 15min late too, so another reason to send him away.

R

reaper

Poor Valverde.

Loses Neymar.
Can't lose Arda and Gomes.

Going to be a very very long season.

blaugrana1987

Very afraid of Valverde doing Moyes. Buying average players he once wabted to buy during his time in avreage club but never had enough funds to do it.

MIXA

I would be wiling to try the following in a 4-2-3-1 (Back 4 ignored for now):

Iniesta - Busquets
Messi - Dybala - Dembele
Suarez

gasgas

I would be wiling to try the following in a 4-2-3-1 (Back 4 ignored for now):

Iniesta - Busquets
Messi - Dybala - Dembele
Suarez
I can see you are also willing to weaken our feeble defence even further.
Hey, perhaps next time we meet Juventus we can concede 5 goals.
That would be great

vlad

I can see you are also willing to weaken our feeble defence even further.
Hey, perhaps next time we meet Juventus we can concede 5 goals.
That would be great

But but, they will score 10 against juve or atletico!

Richard.H

I seriously feel as though this might be an absolute train wreck of a season. I hope he doesn't get backlash from a lot of fans since he seems like a genuinely nice dude.

I'm not even sure if we could be competitive in La Liga. With the current squad, we are at most a CL QF team.

khaled_a_d

The situation of the club is a lot like it was in when Pep and Tata was hired,both came in crisis times (though Pep got what he wants in the transfer window and was hired early not as a replacement during pre-season) and it will be interesting to see what type of coach Valverde is. I think our success will depend on him

serghei

The situation of the club is a lot like it was in when Pep and Tata was hired,both came in crisis times (though Pep got what he wants in the transfer window and was hired early not as a replacement during pre-season) and it will be interesting to see what type of coach Valverde is. I think our success will depend on him

One of the few posters who make sense even in the more troubling times. I agree with this very much.

Home of Barca Fans