Ernesto Valverde - V1

El Gato

Villarato!
We could if we offload the highly paid deadweights ..Rakitic , Suarez and the others .. there’s already talk of both Coutinho and Dembele being sold ..

Nobody will pay you an equivalent amount of money for Coutinho that would be enough to cover the extra expense for Mbappe. Much less any other old player. Or a combination of them all. Not when you're also buying De Jong and others.

CatalinR10

Where's all these rumours coming from ?

Am I missing something ?

Just after the copa Bartomeu told that Valverde is Barca's coach and has a contract and shit like that , players said Valverde is perfect for Barca.

What changed ?

Zidane82

Nobody will pay you an equivalent amount of money for Coutinho that would be enough to cover the extra expense for Mbappe. Much less any other old player. Or a combination of them all. Not when you're also buying De Jong and others.

The new manager is always given a good lump of cash anyways ..

De Jong has been paid for I understand ..
The deadwood plus Coutinho plus Dembele must come to a substantial amount surely ??!

El Gato

Villarato!
The new manager is always given a good lump of cash anyways ..

De Jong has been paid for I understand ..
The deadwood plus Coutinho plus Dembele must come to a substantial amount surely ??!

De Jong is being taken out of the summer budget.

So you'd have to sell Coutinho + 2-3 others for ~200M for you to be able to make up for the Mbappe price tag, which no doubt sits on at least 300M. If clubs adhere to FFP, they must spend 100M max on top of the what they also sold.

MTL_Barca

Since T. Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti worked out so great i would actually like seeing Barca try to sign Mbappe next, just for twitter drama and comedy of course because we all know Nasser would never sell his golden boy to Barca :lol:

Sorin

Good fucking riddance. 1 year too late but good that we won't have to put up with him for the next year.

Anyway, read that Martinez, Allegri, Koeman ot Setien are amongst the options to replace him. Am I the only one that isn't confident in any of them?

If I were Bartomeu I would try everything to try and get Ten Hag or Pochetino. Ten Hag for obvious reasons. Pochetino would be more difficult because of the perico connection but what if Tottenham wins the CL? What more would be there to do? Fat chance he wins the CL again and the Premier League is clearly out of their reach.

I don't know just want someone who develops youth and doesn't take shit from the bunch of asshole divas we have.

malvolio

The great thing, if you can call it that, about a club like Barcelona is that you won't be stuck with a bad manager for long. The bad thing is that it comes with the associated drama and speculation.

BarçaBarça

Where's all these rumours coming from ?

Am I missing something ?

Just after the copa Bartomeu told that Valverde is Barca's coach and has a contract and shit like that , players said Valverde is perfect for Barca.

What changed ?

The board held a "crisis-meeting", which is where big decisions like this is taken, not in the media or through our players comments in the media.
Reliable sources like RAC1 and Catalunya Radio are reporting that the board opted to sack Valverde, and will tell him today. When it will be officially announced is unknown.
Mundo has said that it will not be announced today.

The great thing, if you can call it that, about a club like Barcelona is that you won't be stuck with a bad manager for long. The bad thing is that it comes with the associated drama and speculation.

Downside: Great coaches with great projects won't come here, because they know that we don't have patience to wait 1-2 seasons for results + great play to come. Pochettino could go to United if he wants a bigger budget/bigger club/more influence, because here he won't decide transfers, and at United they have shown a lot of trust in coaches even when things were hard. At Barcelona you are out of the door in 2 seasons most likely, so no coaches with bigger projects can see themselves build anything here.

It's quite a big downside actually.

Last edited:

Messigician

Yes of course no one expected him to lose the Copa. Two doubles minimum is what we expected from him.

Arsenal a pub side smashed Valencia and we couldn't beat them over the season lmao.

I'm not a EV fan but I do think the players failed him, if everything went perfect he,would have won us the treble this year

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
This isn't football manager, transfer fees and wages are going to make it difficult
I know, it's just the ideal scenario for us if it were to happen. I know Suarez and Busquets are going nowhere for unfortunately.

Yes of course no one expected him to lose the Copa. Two doubles minimum is what we expected from him.

Arsenal a pub side smashed Valencia and we couldn't beat them over the season lmao.

I'm not a EV fan but I do think the players failed him, if everything went perfect he,would have won us the treble this year

Would of papered over the cracks. Same as last season. His set up and tactical limitations are what cost us more then anything imo.

George_Costanza

Good morning,

I promised myself not to post in this forum again, and invest less time watching football until this fraud is gone. Long overdue, waiting for it to be official.

Home of Barca Fans