Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

It s not over. The next guy should be somebody that inspires confidence.
Also, if this is not followed by a squad overhaul, the coach change will not mean much..

No need for squad overhaul, just one or two players should leave. We do have the players to start a new project, Arthur, FDJ, (Maybe De Ligt), Dembele...etc as long as the new manager has the authority to start them and not weak like Valverde, I wouldn't care about the seniors. Lucho did it in his first season.

malvolio

It s not over. The next guy should be somebody that inspires confidence.
Also, if this is not followed by a squad overhaul, the coach change will not mean much..

What squad overhaul? We need 2-3 signings max. Maybe sell 3-4 players and we are done. Busquets and Suarez won't get sold.

snowy

I know, it's just the ideal scenario for us if it were to happen. I know Suarez and Busquets are going nowhere for unfortunately.

What were they even thinking with those crazy contract extensions ( -_・) Barca would turn into beast mode if the players are made to fight for their spots.

Also whoever drafts the contracts should really throw in performance clauses and bonuses. So start with a cheapo base salary for everyone and depending on how well they perform, they could earn the powerball jackpot !!! :D

and also! forced transfers to some other club in case they turn out to be duds.

prob a silly question but like... in Moneyball, there's that scene where Billy Beane picks up the phone and transfers Giambi just like that. So why they can't it be done in football? :-/

They'd have saved millions on Arda alone when he rejected that China offer :arda:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
What were they even thinking with those crazy contract extensions ( -_・) Barca would turn into beast mode if the players are made to fight for their spots.

Also whoever drafts the contracts should really throw in performance clauses and bonuses. So start with a cheapo base salary for everyone and depending on how well they perform, they could earn the powerball jackpot !!! :D

and also! forced transfers to some other club in case they turn out to be duds.

prob a silly question but like... in Moneyball, there's that scene where Billy Beane picks up the phone and transfers Giambi just like that. So why they can't it be done in football? :-/

They'd have saved millions on Arda alone when he rejected that China offer :arda:

No, not with the European laws in relation to forced transfers. However we should definitely have base contracts with bonuses related to performance and behaviour. City does the same thing with their players so players if they want the $ they all need to perform.

kollegah

whipsers on the streets of Barcelona are that only segura will be fired.
Valverde stays and new signings will be made to cover it.

dont get your hopes high

abbbs97

I dont see him staying. I think only Bartomeu wants him to stay while the majority of the board wants him to leave. That + the enormous public pressure makes me think that he'll leave. Him and Pep Segura.
I also read that there will be a meeting in which everyone in the squad, except Messi and Mats, will be evaluated.

Messigician

OFFICIAL: Xavi is AL-SADD Coach for next season!

🗣 — Xavi: "The idea is to start as a coach in Qatar, so that there isn't so much pressure, to prove myself and to gain experience, and the goal is to return to Europe and mainly to Barca."

Home of Barca Fans