EURO 2016 Qualifying

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
LMAO!!!!!! Costa has missed 5-6 good chances and a totally free 1v1 just now set up by Koke. Could've easily buried it but shanked the chance completely. He's got a monkey on his back alright :lol:

Alarcón

What a miss by Diego Costa...

I think the team on the whole is pretty decent, just need to find someone who can score.

I still think we can do better with the players we have, and I don't agree with some personal choices, but yes, scoring is our biggest issue. 2 defeats is a disaster but I have no doubt that we'll pull through.

xavi_the_Boss

Why didn't your coach join Switzerland? We're so pathetic atm

Because he isn´t finished here.:D
Russia just getting a draw against one of the weakest Teams in the Group at home is great.Just hope we keep it up and can finally get to a tournament again.

Switzerland has good Players they should make it even with their bad start.

barcanuck

Costa is cursed since he went to see that gypsy voodoo doctor. With him in Spain lost 4 out of last 6 games amazingly.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great game for Spain so far. Silva, Koke, and Paco the standout players so far. Costa has no shortage of chances against this high line but he's been nullified or has fucked up for each and every one of them.

Paco looks like he'll be a great solution for the NT. Great build but his movement and intelligence is also awesome in several different scenarios, whether it be making direct runs or being on the end of passing sequences in tight spaces. Reminds me of Lewa and his clinicality at this age for both club and country is outstanding. Him at #9 and Munir on the right should make Spain a deadly force up front again unlike the days of being forced to play Torres/Cesc there. I still believe in Jese and Deulo to climb back up too.

Busi-Messi Barca

Feel bad for Costa so many chances. Don is good tonight and Bartra playing some great long passes. Good team performance regardless of opposition.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Finally Costa scores after some scrappy plays in a set piece. Good for him, must be relieved. Hope he continues scoring.

Has De Gea had anything to do tonight?

Not much but he had one great save in the first half, the kind that Casillas might've blown. Did well to claim some crosses too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bernat with a great debut goal!!! That was an amazing play from Rodrigo, wicked through ball at the end of it to Bernat. Both debutantes combining in slick fashion for the 4th.

F

Flavia

Missing the game. So benching Cesc was a good solution? Spain is playing better?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Missing the game. So benching Cesc was a good solution? Spain is playing better?

No Cesc, no problem.

Yesss. Spain always crowd the middle with midfielders, and most are great at circulating the ball in tight groups aside from Cesc. Sacrificing him for Paco (a player whose movements are vertical and away from the ball) gave the play much more purpose today and things were fluid. Of course the high line made it easier to penetrate, but the team clearly looked a lot better with these changes.

Koke also looked great with Iniesta/Silva to combine with. He had more freedom to play killer passes (set up 3-4 great chances for Costa and one for Paco towards the end) and venture forward. Iniesta spent a lot of time playing deeper than usual but he did decently (relative to his current dip). Casillas out gave us no clown-goals conceded as well. The problems aren't 'solved' but these changes were a step in the right direction.

Home of Barca Fans