EURO 2016 Qualifying

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like that the games are played at different stadiums in Spain and some other countries compared to how it is in England or here in Norway where there is a National Stadium getting all the games.

What I really like about friendlies is the # of subs availables, it makes the game more interesting imho.

I would like to see the # of subs increased to at least 5, this way you could change half of line players, reduce fatigue and make some tactical experimentation.

barcanuck

What I really like about friendlies is the # of subs availables, it makes the game more interesting imho.

I would like to see the # of subs increased to at least 5, this way you could change half of line players, reduce fatigue and make some tactical experimentation.

Always thought the same, 4 subs would be awesome. And 5 if the game goes to extra time.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
More subs is an unfair disadvantage for smaller clubs who can't afford to have quality depth. 3 is just fine.

Glad we agree then :cheers: And I also defend that subbing off the GK due to injury shouldn't count towards the 3 subs, it's a different situation in my point of view.

More subs is an unfair disadvantage for smaller clubs who can't afford to have quality depth. 3 is just fine.

I don't get what you meant, how it's unfair to have 5 subs for both sides?

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Iniesta playing very well. Best player on the field. Makes you wonder how he would play for us if he had another controlling midfielder with the skills of Koke on the other side of Busquets.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

He probably meant that not every club has Drogba on the bench for example, smaller clubs have just 11 decent players, so they can't refresh as much because the bench is not quality enough while some other clubs could change 11 players and still have a very strong team.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

He probably meant that not every club has Drogba on the bench for example, smaller clubs have just 11 decent players, so they can't refresh as much because the bench is not quality enough while some other clubs could change 11 players and still have a very strong team.

Yes. Smaller teams don't have the resources to go 15-20 deep in quality as bigger clubs do. Real Madrid can afford to have 5-6 world class subs whereas Eibar is struggling to field a good first 11. More subs makes the disadvantage even bigger and more exploitable.

Home of Barca Fans