EURO 2016 Qualifying

Morten

When ? If I remember correctly when Bale took the FK is when CR was injured no ? CR is on 54>0goals till now, and it doesn't seem like he's gonna take anyone else take them.

Messi let both Neymar and Rakitic take a shot just in the last couple of weeks.

For your question, I don't really know who's good with free kicks in RM apart from Bale.. and he'll always be on the field, up until the end of the season at least.

Every game, basically, i guess you dont really watch RM. Bale is a very good free kick taker, so its good he takes a few, but since he shouldnt even be on the field in present form i would like to see someone else try.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Every game, basically, i guess you dont really watch RM. Bale is a very good free kick taker, so its good he takes a few, but since he shouldnt even be on the field in present form i would like to see someone else try.

Every game ? Are you being sarcastic ? I've watched every single RM game this season, because I like Modric, James & Isco and also because I don't wanna miss seing them lose live .. :D

Morten

sarcastic ?

Not at all. The thing is, it seems like they have a deal, when they are on Ronaldos side(left) he takes them. When its on Bales side, Bales takes them. Its also quite logical, right foot shoots from the left of the goal, left foots on the right side of the goal. Bale takes free kicks basically every game, yep. Of course, Ronaldo draws more free kicks, so does Marcelo compared to Carvajal/Arbeloa, so i would say there are more free kicks at Ronaldos side than at Bales. So Ronaldo gets more free kicks overall, but i would really like for someone else to take free kick in Ronaldos position, left foot from left isnt usually a good idea, even though Bale is great at free kicks.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
What can Verratti do for this team, really.

Italian football is dead. They are horrible.

Not particularly, Italy not even long ago were great under Prandelli & IMO played the best football. Pirlo is kingpin for Italy and always will be.

I can't stand Conte though, never have done, his style of play is horrible, so no surprise to me that Italy don't look good.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They are undefeated in their last 44 (or something) qualifying matches.
And why the surprise at not playing good? It's been their trademark for as long as I remember.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They are undefeated in their last 44 (or something) qualifying matches.
And why the surprise at not playing good? It's been their trademark for as long as I remember.

I think they played great under Prandelli, in all systems he chose, especially his 4-3-1-2, where Italy is at it's strongest with very good and mostly underrated CM's. Good balance.

I've watched lots of Conte's Juve, they were hardworking, but not easy on the eye IMO, hence why i don't think his Italy team will be attractive to watch. Nor do i think they will go very far under him. He got results for Juventus which is fair enough, but i never thought the performances were great. Juventus under Allegri is much easier on the eye.

I just don't particularly like him as a coach, and his millions of excuses, blame game when things don't go his way.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are right about Prandelli (Pirlo's 2012 mvp performance in Ukraine) but he's just an "anomaly" in the timespan I referred to.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What, they played him as a striker?

The intention was to have him as a second striker with freedom to move around, but he was left largely isolated.

Croatia weren't very impressive, but they probably just played at 50% which was more than enough for them.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I agree on Conte not being great. There is a reason his Juve team was not threatening at all in Europe.
Allegri really improved the team this season.

Home of Barca Fans