Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jakabor

At least the Portuguese primadonna wont get an easy road to the final after being in such a pathetic group. Turkey, Czech Republic and Georgia? Gimme a break.

Likely France and either Spain or Germany on the way to a final for Portugal. You love to see it.

Morten

Bunch of oldies? Only 2 oldies. Everybody else is either young or in their prime.

2 is a lot, you only have 10 outfield players, who is Ronaldo going to win sprints/physical batltes against? Is Pepe going to be able to shut down Mbappe and co, when Cancelo does his usual clown act in defense?

Temptation

To be fair Fernandes, Bernardo and Cancelo are all 30 this year. Ronaldo and Pepe are absolutely ancient (though Pepe still doing well). They do have a fair few young dynamic players, though.

Portugal vs France is a tough pick.
30 isn't old for a Footballer in 2024 unless he's a drug addict or an alcoholic or both(Brazilian).

It's literally their prime.

Morten

At least the Portuguese primadonna wont get an easy road to the final after being in such a pathetic group. Turkey, Czech Republic and Georgia? Gimme a break.

Likely France and either Spain or Germany on the way to a final for Portugal. You love to see it.

Yeah, cause Messi and co has it really rough in Copa by comparison, the only serious team they have to face is what, Uruguay?

Maradona37

30 isn't old for a Footballer in 2024 unless he's a drug addict or an alcoholic or both(Brazilian).

It's literally their prime.
I know. But it can be argued that 25-29 is more prime. The definition of prime is hugely contested - some think it's a bit younger than you say, some think it is smack bang where you say.

It is also highly dependent on player. Fernandes and Bernardo have been doing well but Cancelo's career has nosedived last year or two.

Last edited:

Hardy

france last games:

draw against poland
draw against holland
barely beat austria with a lucky goal
draw against canada
barely beat chile in the last minutes
lost to germany 2-0
draw against greece

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
2 is a lot, you only have 10 outfield players, who is Ronaldo going to win sprints/physical batltes against? Is Pepe going to be able to shut down Mbappe and co, when Cancelo does his usual clown act in defense?
Dude come on, tell me you haven't watched Portugal in the Euros without telling me you haven't watched Portugal in the Euros. Sure official lineup is Cancelo RB - but he doesn't play there because they actually play with 3 in the back and Vitinha/Palhinha helping them out a lot - Cancelo has a free role, plays more as AM centrally...

Morten

Dude come on, tell me you haven't watched Portugal in the Euros without telling me you haven't watched Portugal in the Euros. Sure official lineup is Cancelo RB - but he doesn't play there because they actually play with 3 in the back and Vitinha/Palhinha helping them out a lot - Cancelo has a free role, plays more as AM centrally...

But i have watched all their games.

Anyway, what is Cancelo gonna do centrally, with Tchouameni and Kante occupying those spaces?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
But i have watched all their games.

Anyway, what is Cancelo gonna do centrally, with Tchouameni and Kante occupying those spaces?
He's going to help Portugal kick some French ass. He's been Portugals best player together with Vitinha imo.

Home of Barca Fans