Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nagelsmann is a luxury for NT competitions.
Best coach in the competition by a country mile

Spalleti 2nd best
Then it's chaos with frauds like Deschamps and Southgate surviving on the generational quality of their squads

I wouldn't be so harsh on Deschamps.
France had plenty of talent since as far as I can remember but lacked a good team. Often a case when you have many players from different backgrounds. (Also Netherlands, England..)

Deschamps is pragmatic and knows how to make a good unit out of all those individuals.

Birdy

:lol: :lol: This guy is allergic to trophy winning managers.

It's almost hilarious at this point.

Like Southgate you mean bro?
I wouldn't be so harsh on Deschamps.
France had plenty of talent since as far as I can remember but lacked a good team. Often a case when you have many players from different backgrounds. (Also Netherlands, England..)

Deschamps is pragmatic and knows how to make a good unit out of all those individuals.

He is more pragmatic than should, to the point he is crippling the potential of his team.
All the competitions he coached since 2016, that is already 5 (!) big ones, he is either winning by 1 goal margin, drawing, or winning on pens.
It's actually atrocious to see that even in group games vs nobodies, which France could have won by 5 or 6 goals.
He has no excuse.
He is a certified terrorist

Porque

Funny thing with Deschamp is that when he was an up and coming manager, I thought he played exciting attacking football.

One of those cases of getting older and more pragmatic as the pressure rises.

Gnidrologist

His team is bunch of africans, who wont flush their poop in the toilet. Of course he needs pragmatic approach. There's a reason why all these flashy and talented African teams in World Cups always fall apart in knockout stages. They can't bother about tactics and discipline, not their thing. Better suited for Harlem globetrotter gig. Why France is better, because all the players have been drilled by European coaching system since childhood. The same goes with all the other culturally enriched teams, like England , Netherlands, Germany etc.

BBZ8800

You are Croatian, right?

Was wondering how you felt about Croatia's chances in this group, is there perhaps a feeling, that the best years are in the past, with the golden generation on its last legs?

By far the most interesting group, on paper, most others look a bit dull.

No

I am not afraid of Italy and Spain.
This is the weakest Spain in the last 20 years.

BBZ8800

Don't know if best is over. Probably hard to repeat results from previous years but we kept thinking that things are over since the 90s.

I think we just about the same strength as in World Cup. 4 new starters, namely in defense, but it looks solid. Particularly Stanisic as RB.
Modric is obviously in his twilight and questions re. Brozović and his Saudi form. But I like kid Sucic and Majer.
New guy up-front is Budimir. While already 32 he is very energetic and coming off great season in Osasuna.

Much comes down to motivation and experience in these tournaments and I think we have both so I am optimistic.

Yeah.
New guys Gvardiol and Stanisic in defense are awesome.

In midfield also, Majer and Sucic are very good.

Attack is the weakest link.
I have some faith in lucky-subs Pjaca and Sucic.

Home of Barca Fans