Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Yeah Williams has played well and scored a gorgeous goal against Georgia, but it's always risky to base buying players on international tournaments. How's he getting on at Athletic, has he been good there? That would be more of an indicator of his level and consistency. Like I say not watched La Liga in one or two years.

serghei

In Romania they hype up Yamal like crazy. Must be some latin thing. Like a predisposition to make a wedding out of any success and a funeral from every bad moment. We even have a famous proverb about that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah Williams has played well and scored a gorgeous goal against Georgia, but it's always risky to base buying players on international tournaments. How's he getting on at Athletic, has he been good there? That would be more of an indicator of his level and consistency. Like I say not watched La Liga in one or two years.

Yes. Lost all respect for afellay after he called Nico player of the tournament so far.

I think in general NL “pundits” have stopped watching la liga. That’s how it seems. Van Basten situation few weeks ago was funny. He was outed for giving contradictory statements about players and then admitted he hasn’t watch NL play and said at times you just have to “bluff your way through”

Easiest money to make these days.

soul24rage

Yes. Lost all respect for afellay after he called Nico player of the tournament so far.

I think in general NL “pundits” have stopped watching la liga. That’s how it seems. Van Basten situation few weeks ago was funny. He was outed for giving contradictory statements about players and then admitted he hasn’t watch NL play and said at times you just have to “bluff your way through”

Reminds me of some users in this forum tbh.

Easy to spot who are the ones who don't watch matches and rely on stats, highlights and tweets.

Maradona37

That's true - pundits rarely do their research in most countries.

I find that some journalists are better pundits than actual pundits. Guys like James Horncastle, Raphael Honigstein. Maybe it's a superior grasp of language and less bias towards and against players due to club or national team allegiances.

serghei

You can't watch that many matches tbh. Especially if you like other sports. Was a great F1 race recently, Wimbledon started... time is limited.

Home of Barca Fans