Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
We'll find out today tbh.

@Horatio 😉
Yes. I am in same boat as you regarding spain. Was going to reply to mclovin after dealing with serghei.

First time Spain defense to be tested properly.

I will root for great game and both teams dont mind them winning euro. We know who are the ones we dont want to see it win

serghei

You want yamal to prove he’s elite by making the difference for Spain when turned 16 month agao? That’s test? What happened to just seeing him develop.
Depends on what is expected of him. Top player, or raw youngster?

If top player, you bet he should make a difference in games of such importance.

Maradona37

At 16 you still don't really know the game well, positioning etc especially. He's been trained since a very young age but he's still a young boy playing against men. The fact he's in the first team of a top national team at that age speaks volumes of his potential. But expecting him to run the show against Germany is a bit much.

Horatio

You're welcome
At 16 you still don't really know the game well, positioning etc especially. He's been trained since a very young age but he's still a young boy playing against men. The fact he's in the first team of a top national team at that age speaks volumes of his potential. But expecting him to run the show against Germany is a bit much.
Well put.

serghei

That's fine. So not a top player due to lack of experiece.

I think it's perfectly fine for Yamal to not be top for another 2-4 years.

Maradona37

That's fine. So not a top player due to lack of experiece.

I think it's perfectly fine for Yamal to not be top for another 2-4 years.
Agreed in that sense. But his potential is massive and he's already better than most 16 yos - but no matter how good you are at 16, you will 99 percent of the time always be better at 20-25.

serghei

Agreed in that sense. But his potential is massive and he's already better than most 16 yos - but no matter how good you are at 16, you will 99 percent of the time always be better at 20-25.

Yeah, if that's the norm, than this game is low pressure for him.

I do believe that the majority of fans think of him as some sort of all time great talent that is able to break barriers in record time.

Maradona37

I do understand serghei's point though - that as good as he is, Spain shouldn't be relying on a 16 year old, and should have a more finished article in there.

However, he's doing very well. I just worry about injury after being overplayed as a boy.

serghei

They don't have that finished article player. Madrid is full of outside talent from France and Brazil and count on Spanish players very lightly. Quite funny and satisfying that the golden Spanish era is actually built by Barca and not their flagship team. :lol:

Maradona37

They don't have that finished article player. Madrid is full of outside talent from France and Brazil and count on Spanish players very lightly. Quite funny and satisfying that the golden Spanish era is actually built by Barca and not their flagship team. :lol:
That is ironic eh. I remember it well.

As for Lamine, like you say, he's playing because they don't have a top class right-wing forward. He's the best they have. The exciting thing is though that there's an even better player than him ready to take his place in future years hopefully - prime Yamal.

Horatio

You're welcome
I do believe that the majority of fans think of him as some sort of all time great talent that is able to break barriers in record time.

I don’t feel that. At least not in Netherlands. He gets rated and people enjoy watching him. Just relieved there are still players like these to look forward to. But all know he’s very young.

I think Nico is getting hyped tremendously though.

Home of Barca Fans