Fabio Coentrao

Sergio

Sergison
well he looks like a total metro douchebag (do any Portuguese players just look like normal people? Paulo Ferreira seems to be the only one!) but he's a crackin' player so it's a shame to see him at RM.

their relentless squad stacking, however, is mind-blowingly disgusting. I mean, they don't need Sahin OR Coentrao (and other top teams do) yet they're signing them just because they can.

Its especially bizarre when it seems they wont sign a striker, which they actually really do need, yet invest a huge sum in a player that is a bit of garnish to what they already have.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well Coentrao will replace Marcelo in the team and Marcelo will back up him and Di Maria on the left flank. So Madrid have that left flank covered now for years.

Marcelo, a player signed for a small fee with little fanfare many years ago, a player who is probably the best LB in the World right now, is going to be demoted to back-up so they can sign someone newer and shinier and more expensive and prestigious.

if that doesn't sum Real Madrid up, I don't know what does.

disgusting.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
An excellent LB really, could become the best in the world at his position - shame he's a douche, cuz you'd have to be to go to RM...But, I have really liked this kid...He's the left sided Dani who might just be a better defender than Alves...Gonna have a distinctly Portuguese & German flavor to this RM

Yes because Casillas, Arbeloa, Alonso, Sahin, Khedira, Ozil, Di Maria and Higuain are all douches aren't they.........

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Marcelo, a player signed for a small fee with little fanfare many years ago, a player who is probably the best LB in the World right now, is going to be demoted to back-up so they can sign someone newer and shinier and more expensive and prestigious.

if that doesn't sum Real Madrid up, I don't know what does.

disgusting.

Best LB in the world?!?! that is not what you said a few weeks ago when I suggested that :lol:

Coentrao is a better defender than Marcelo so I think they will be more solid at the back, but less offensive in that area. I really like Marcelo I think he has a bright future and is the Madrid equivalent of Alves, but Coentrao is a great siging never the less. My preferred Madrid back line from their current/potential squad would be Arbeloa-Ramos-Pepe-Coentrao. That would be extremely solid back line and be a great foundation point.

Marcelo will still get games. It should push him to be even better.

Arbeloa is a douche, as is Di Maria

Arbeloa is douche now ok :lol:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Coentrao is a good buy for them. They can rotate him, Marcelo, and di Maria in the left flank. That's 3 quality players that can be rotated for two positions, so they can remain fresh throughout the season and they'll be fine if any of them gets injured. The signing I don't understand at all is Sahin. I mean, he came for peanuts and he will most likely be sold for profit so good for Real Madrid, but man what a stupid move by Sahin.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Best LB in the world?!?! that is not what you said a few weeks ago when I suggested that :lol:

Coentrao is a better defender than Marcelo so I think they will be more solid at the back, but less offensive in that area. I really like Marcelo I think he has a bright future and is the Madrid equivalent of Alves, but Coentrao is a great siging never the less. My preferred Madrid back line from their current/potential squad would be Arbeloa-Ramos-Pepe-Coentrao. That would be extremely solid back line and be a great foundation point.

I'm not disputing Coentrao's qualities, but Marcelo is superb and has been a major driving force for them this season. he does for them for Alves does for us.

frankly I hope this move happens. means less money to spend elsewhere and is yet another sign of Madrid being a bloated mess of a club and financially doped to the gills.

and objectively there are many LB's better than him (Cashley, Evra, Abidal) but none of them matched him this season for various reasons (form, fatigue, played CB).

Marcelo will still get games. It should push him to be even better.

okay, so then Madrid spent €26m on a backup!

I'd understand if Coentrao could play all across the back-line and be the main rotation player, but he can't. and you don't rotate defenders much anyway. and they have oodles of cover already at the club!

Arbeloa is douche now ok :lol:

if he's not a douche then he takes directions very well coz he played like a complete and utter cunt in all 5 Clasicos this season.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I dont understand the Coentrao transfer as well regarding Marcelos strong performances.

What makes it a bit natural is his agency (Gestifute), who have CR, Di Maria, Carvalho, Pepe and even Mourinho himself as clients. So there is a certain link between him and RM.

Yugi

maybe Marcelo coming to us?
:chuckle: just imagine alves with marcelo destroying wings
///but we all know it´s adriano and probably jose angel time and they both showed some great talent and play in la liga already too

DucdeOrléans

I dont understand the Coentrao transfer as well regarding Marcelos strong performances.

What makes it a bit natural is his agency (Gestifute), who have CR, Di Maria, Carvalho, Pepe and even Mourinho himself as clients. So there is a certain link between him and RM.

Jorge Mendes is the link.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
maybe Marcelo coming to us?
:chuckle: just imagine alves with marcelo destroying wings
///but we all know it´s adriano and probably jose angel time and they both showed some great talent and play in la liga already too

dude please... His defending sucks balls. but will rip defenses apart in the attack though

Home of Barca Fans