FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree that it's often a cliche to blame the manager/coach...I used to be an avid follower of the NBA and there used to be a joke that was routinely recycled whenever there was a loss, 'Fire the coach & GM, start over'

That's not the case here, certainly not with me...I speculated early when the losses were piling up when Eusebio started that perhaps it was the coach but when I started seeing them play, I became pretty convinced

And no, I don't buy the 'lack of talent' argument...They don't even play like a Barcelona team which underscores that ineptitude of Eusebio, IMO...How can every youth team in the club play one way and then the B team looks so different?...That's down to a coach and seeing that he's neither a cantera player nor someone who has coached before at Barcelona, it's easy to single him out as the reason for the poor form of the B team...Rosell extending him does beg the question of what was he thinking but considering the other shady deals he's been cooking up perhaps there's no point in rationalizing it...He doesn't belong at the club, even Vinyals looks like a better coach than Eusebio

As for Dongou, I agree Graham Hunter has unfairly overhyped the player but it'd be wrong to underestimate his potential or read too much into what he's done or not done with the B team thus far...The worry, apart from sitting in 10th position (Finished 8th last season whereas Lucho had them at 3rd the year before) is the damage he's doing to the development of key players who are attempting to make the step up to the first team

Unless it's some ingenious plot to keep some of the young talents at bay and space out their promotion to the 1st team, there's a danger of losing talent to poaching clubs

Tonykross

I've watched most of the B team games and I would say the midfield is piss poor, they find it very difficult to get the ball to their forwards, the few times Dongou has been dangerous, is been when he drops deep to collect the ball and drives forward or when he attacks from the wings.Rafinhna is not really a midfielder, his playmaking skill is very limited, he has a scorer mentality. Sergio Roberto is overrated.Deulofeu is the stud in this team, Alberto is technically good but too slow, I don't know where he actually fits in the first team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Against Racing no less, it's at home but I fear the worst...Nevermind, just saw they are in the relegation zone

X

xaviniesta

is planas now a regular CB since grimaldo clearly took his place at LB?

X

xaviniesta

btw, just saw that gai assulin, former barca youth, plays in racing. hailed as new messi and everything. now look what city does to young players. 0 apps in 2 years there. wasted talent, but it happens.

here he is, comes on after 40 mins, gets a little applause even from the stands :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans