FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Speaking of Barca B the Barcelona website makes it sound like Munir,Sandro and Halilović were promoted to the First Team. (Unless that's just for Preseason) I actually expected Munir and Sandro to be promoted but not Halilovic.

Halilovic has an automatic promotion for this season stipulated.

Kohe321

Let's see how he does with the first team during pre-season, I'm actually a little optimistic that Halilovic might play quite well under Lucho and a proper team. I mean, Barca B was such a mess in the end and completely lacked cohesion and chemistry, it was just a bunch of individual moments with nothing tying it together into something bigger than the sum of its parts, which is what a team is supposed to be.

Maybe it's just the summertime and vacation getting to me, but I'm cautiously optimistic that Halilovic might do well with the first team if given the chance. :D

Last edited:

xXKonan

Some of our B players did play really well under Lucho when they got the chance. When Verm,Suarez got to play for Barcelona B Friendly vs The Indonesia u19 Team It was pretty cool to see Suarez and Halilovic link up pretty well.

Zangash

Banned
I'm surprised Halilovic isn't going out on loan but I can understand it. He has a lot of expectations to live up to, both for his sake and for the sake of the club that worked so hard to get him.

He'll probably struggle for playing time, though. Arda, Iniesta, Rafinha, and Rakatic are all obviously much better than him.

I'm surprised Halilovic isn't going out on loan but I can understand it. He has a lot of expectations to live up to, both for his sake and for the sake of the club that worked so hard to get him.

He'll probably struggle for playing time, though. Arda, Iniesta, Rafinha, and Rakatic are all obviously much better than him.

No way Munir, Sandro AND Halilovic get playing time, something has to be up. Only way that could happen is Pedro being sold AND heavy rotation im talking front three hardly playing 90 mins.

khaled_a_d

Lucho is probably giving the young prospects the chance to showcase their talent .Alen might haven't been as good as advertised when we signed him but he was still one of the best players in Barca B while being the youngest with probably the biggest potential .it is only logical to be one of those to be given the chance specially with the promotion clause
But most likely there is a loan coming b4 the start of the season

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
No way Munir, Sandro AND Halilovic get playing time, something has to be up. Only way that could happen is Pedro being sold AND heavy rotation im talking front three hardly playing 90 mins.

I see Halilovic playing as a midfielder, really. Munir is most likely going to be first choice backup if Pedro leaves, with Sandro being the one to struggling for minutes (But most likely using those minutes to make everyone think he's better than Munir lol).

Madrid is in a shambles atm and Atletico falls further and further every season as they continue their success, so it shouldn't be as necessary for us to go in with all three tanks fully loaded against the likes of Elche and Malaga (Somehow lost points in one of those games...) every single time, especially in the first half of the season, which had rotation so insane last season that it actually helped us with fitness after Christmas.

khaled_a_d

Pre-season
CJ0LZXhUEAAxgaB.png

Don't get how Adama is on the team with his promotion clause?has he dismissed it?if so huge respect

Zangash

Banned
Lucho is probably giving the young prospects the chance to showcase their talent .Alen might haven't been as good as advertised when we signed him but he was still one of the best players in Barca B while being the youngest with probably the biggest potential .it is only logical to be one of those to be given the chance
But most likely there is a loan coming b4 the start of the season

But as we've discussed before (We're really the most active users on this section of the site aren't we?), the B team was quite awful last season. I wouldn't say he has the biggest potential though. I still believe that belongs to Samper. The competition for any position Alen can play is all quite stacked as well. The only height Samper can hope to fight for at this point is Busi's backup, and the only one to compete for that spot is Sergi Roberto. Oh my. Tangents tangents tangents.

If he impresses in pre-season it'd be better to just keep him and give him some sub appearances and let him develop that way, imo. I'm willing to suspend any further judgement on him until we see him in preseason. Hopefully Lucho doesn't do what he did to Deulofeu last summer before loaning him out, lol.

I see Halilovic playing as a midfielder, really. Munir is most likely going to be first choice backup if Pedro leaves, with Sandro being the one to struggling for minutes (But most likely using those minutes to make everyone think he's better than Munir lol).

Madrid is in a shambles atm and Atletico falls further and further every season as they continue their success, so it shouldn't be as necessary for us to go in with all three tanks fully loaded against the likes of Elche and Malaga (Somehow lost points in one of those games...) every single time, especially in the first half of the season, which had rotation so insane last season that it actually helped us with fitness after Christmas.

Maybe, especially if he ontinues Iniesta's and Rakitic's rotation policy which was the highest of any of the starting 11. Depending on how things go even samper may get decent mins.

xXKonan

Munir, Sandro and Halilovic promoted. Time to move their threads?
From the Site.

FC Barcelona's 2015/16 season kicked off early on Monday morning when a total of 13 first team and three Barça B players underwent their annual physicals at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Masip, Douglas, Adriano, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, Luis Suárez, Sandro, Munir, Halilovic, newcomer Arda Turan and Iniesta, who missed the final gathering of the Spain national team, all passed. Goalkeeper Suárez along with Samper and Gumbau were the Barça B players who also took part.
Munir,Sandro,and Halilovic are considered part of the First team while Gumbau,Suarez,Samper are considered Barcelona B players.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...elona-2015-16-season-kicks-off-with-physicals

Home of Barca Fans