FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Andresito

Staff member
6 points off first place, 5 points down to non-playoff spot. 12 points left to play for with Eldense only tough opponent on paper, other 3 teams are relegation fodder.

Don't see anything else but a playoff this season as well.

Porque

Barca B play Intercity tomorrow.

I'm reminded of a rumour that us and Real Madrid Castilla are interested in Oriol Soldevila, the guy who scored a hatrick against us in Copa, for next season.

Messi983

Barca B play Intercity tomorrow.

I'm reminded of a rumour that us and Real Madrid Castilla are interested in Oriol Soldevila, the guy who scored a hatrick against us in Copa, for next season.

Terrible 1st half, Arnau is still keeping us alive.

Down 1-0, Soldevilla has scored. He was apparently goalless since that hattrick in Copa.

And then also second yellow for Carbonell in 46th minute.

To make things worse besides Carbonell Nunez and Estanis will also be suspended for next game.

khaled_a_d

Terrible 1st half, Arnau is still keeping us alive.

Down 1-0, Soldevilla has scored. He was apparently goalless since that hattrick in Copa.

And then also second yellow for Carbonell in 46th minute.

To make things worse besides Carbonell Nunez and Estanis will also be suspended for next game.
Any stream?

khaled_a_d

^^^^^^^^ Thanks mate

Watched parts of the game, hasn't watched Barca b for last few months tbf.
I gotta say it is a bit of underwhelming crop of players we have there.

Chadi Riad gives me hope at CB, but he isn't yet imposing as he should be. Has a potential to be a good starting CB someday IMO and probably the highest ceiling of this team but he might not do it soon enough, or ever, for Barca career.
He also has that Pique's thing, where he just join attack and barely track back at the end.

Don't see the hype about Casado, his timing can be at fault many times. Stylistically I understand why fans rave about him, but otoh this style need finesse and precision he doesn't have yet. Still young though. Fuentes seems like a player you like to watch, although doubt he will reach high level.

Have seen a recent discussion about out of La Masia players in B-team, and I have to say I am starting to get it. This team is filled with loans, older signing or even players who has been with Barca B for so long (Tenas)

I would say the failure of recent signings like Emre Demir & Blanco, along the non renewal of Barbera and Ilias has left the coach with favouring those experienced players we got.

Hopefully, this will be an area that Deco can improve

khaled_a_d

So, wouldn't it be more beneficial for us to stay in the 3rd division?

I think so.
And generally second division has been historically bad for reserves when it come to talent development. It is just too tough that you either will develop your player in a losing environment or you simply priorities veterans to help the team.
Those 5 years we had in 2nd division during early 2010's has produced us the great Sergio Roberto and that was it (Rafinha was unlucky with injuries)
But it is just too tempting for everyone, if we qualify then it is a massive boost to Marquez coaching CV, great for most of the players who were never going to be our first team anyway, board will see a 5M additional revenue. And generally those are competitive athletes, they will fight to win.

Home of Barca Fans