FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

ajnotkeith

I think so.
And generally second division has been historically bad for reserves when it come to talent development. It is just too tough that you either will develop your player in a losing environment or you simply priorities veterans to help the team.
Those 5 years we had in 2nd division during early 2010's has produced us the great Sergio Roberto and that was it (Rafinha was unlucky with injuries)
But it is just too tempting for everyone, if we qualify then it is a massive boost to Marquez coaching CV, great for most of the players who were never going to be our first team anyway, board will see a 5M additional revenue. And generally those are competitive athletes, they will fight to win.
Well, it does mean as well that the B team is more of a real option for prospects we sign before they go up to the first team.

A year in Segunda under our organisation and system where we can monitor them better than at other clubs is much better for the Torre's for example. It's a okay level to test players, can also grow their value, And they can still go up mid season if they're young enough right?

We can pitch the B team path to young players more easily if they'll be playing at a decent level rather than Segunda B.

khaled_a_d

Well, it does mean as well that the B team is more of a real option for prospects we sign before they go up to the first team.

A year in Segunda under our organisation and system where we can monitor them better than at other clubs is much better for the Torre's for example. It's a okay level to test players, can also grow their value, And they can still go up mid season if they're young enough right?

We can pitch the B team path to young players more easily if they'll be playing at a decent level rather than Segunda B.

Sure, but will it work?
I mean other than Halilovic I don't remember a top prospect who was ok with going to Segunda.
Also, adding good prospect in Segunda to a reserve team is different from adding one to a normal one.
Segunda would have been perfect for Torre if he stayed with Racing, better than being with Barca B.

Honestly, look at the team we have right now, vast majority isn't la masia, and only Chadi has 1st team potential tbh. I can't imagine how it is going to be in Segunda

I can say comfortably I will be rooting against promotion

Porque

We will have a bigger budget in Segunda, even if it does come under LaLiga. And a little bit of tv money.

The salary cap wont be less than what we are on now for sure.

Besides, it is not as if we are taking advantage of not being under LaLiga right now. Check the signings since Laporta got here.

Porque

Do you know anything about Castilla this season?

I recall last year they looked the better/more talented side.

Messi983

Not really much, I only know three of their players. Alvaro Rodriguez who has played some games for their first team this season, then our former boy Iker Bravo and Oscar Aranda who is a brother of our Aranda.

16857227213595.png

Porque

I read Kroos saying Nico Paz should always train with the first team, so I guess he has some football in his boots too.

Looking at those two lineups, Barcelona's certainly does look more Segunda ready in terms of average age and experience.

Home of Barca Fans