FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This Barca B squad is not good. The only players that have the potential to reach the first team are Chadi Riad and Yamal who's technically a Juvenil A player so it's not a big deal to lose out here anyway.

Maybe Estanis too. I don't know about Estanis, but I want to see him in pre-season.

ajnotkeith

If we keep failing to be promoted, it probably tells you being in Segunda wouldn't be a good thing.

If we go up, it should be because the team is ready for it, but clearly they aren't, and going up would just lead to more veterans playing and a relegation battle, which isn't the ideal situation.

Messi983

This Barca B squad is not good. The only players that have the potential to reach the first team are Chadi Riad and Yamal who's technically a Juvenil A player so it's not a big deal to lose out here anyway.

Maybe Estanis too. I don't know about Estanis, but I want to see him in pre-season.

Yep, some pretty big changes coming this summer. Deco apparently wants to be involved in rebuilding Barca B too and bring more players who could have a potential first team future.

Doing a rebuild in Primera RFEF will be easier than in Segunda and we also won't be under Tebas rules AFAIK.

Wouldn't be surprised if even more than 10 players would leave.

Out of 5 loanees we only have buy option on Luismi which we surely won't use now that we won't be promoted. Barbera and Ilias are already gone and then Carbonell, Zelaya, Aranda and Tenas are out of contract as well. And someone like Fabio Blanco is also not in Marquez's first plans.

Chadi Riad will also go on loan to a Segunda team to play on a higher level or maybe be sold with a buy back to a La Liga team. That Senegalese kid we apparently bought will probably replace him.

xXKonan

This B team last couple of seasons haven't been worth investing in a while at least in my eyes not a lot of players are all that interesting and the ones that are are either on loan/left or are currently with the first team and the likes of Yamal and Chadi.

Hope Deco and the scouts can bring in more interesting players that have far more potential as we seen under Pimenta.

khaled_a_d

We need to be more selective with our prospects, no doubts.
J.Araujo for 3.5M, Torre for 5M, Pocho for 1.5M, E.Demir for 2M, Y.Demir for 0.5M, Blanco for O.5M. 13M in total spent on them. Soon 5M on that kid from Senegal.
Frankly, the ones that succeeded most are Abde (1M deal) and Jutgla
It is a good strategy overall but need better execution and refining

Porque

We need to be more selective with our prospects, no doubts.
J.Araujo for 3.5M, Torre for 5M, Pocho for 1.5M, E.Demir for 2M, Y.Demir for 0.5M, Blanco for O.5M. 13M in total spent on them. Soon 5M on that kid from Senegal.
Frankly, the ones that succeeded most are Abde (1M deal) and Jutgla
It is a good strategy overall but need better execution and refining

Will forgive Torre as he was excellent last year and has looked decent at times in the first teams sprinkle of opportunities. LaLiga teams will be interested.

But the rest (minus Yusuf Demir who looked talented, but the club should have avoided for lack of speed), even a layman like myself can see they are not at the level.

Araujo looks OK (meaning not Douglas bad) but was an unnecessary spend.

If the club can spend more in the 5-10 range for proper high talented players that after a year or two max in B, alot of the cashless LaLiga clubs would be interested in loaning, then I would much prepare that to guys like Emre Demir, Pocho and Maia for 1-4m who look well off the level.

Atleast that way, if they fall short then we have options to loan, sell + buyback. But also, Xavi has to do his part and not diminish their values for lack of trust (looking at you Torre). We play in a league where 14/15 of the sides are almost at LaLiga2 level. That's plenty of time to nourish 2-3 diamonds in the rough and be a bit Brighton/Dortmund without hindering our league challenge.

khaled_a_d

If the club can spend more in the 5-10 range for proper high talented players that after a year or two max in B, alot of the cashless LaLiga clubs would be interested in loaning, then I would much prepare that to guys like Emre Demir, Pocho and Maia for 1-4m who look well off the level.

The thing is, I don't think it is a strategy issue rather than executing it.
Abde for 1M is absolute bargain, same goes for Todibo some time ago. Jutgla for free etc.
You can spend 5M on Wague or R.Araujo, you can spend 20M on Trincao or Alvarez. Or Mathues Fernandes for 8M when we could have got Alphonso Davies for 14M, but nah, we went to Canada and god Tabla, so Bartoemou felt no need for Canadians.

All strategies can lead to success, but non is guaranteed success
Both Demir looked like they had massive issues with speed and that their games won't translate to top level, both aren't even getting playing time in Turkish league. Pocho is having very small physique, that to get success in top level he needed to be just exceptional talent. I think we could just do better.

Porque

It makes you wonder how hardlined the Barca DNA notion is. When in the recent two years you go for Pocho, DemirX2.

Are they looking at a few technical skillsets and overruling the data AGAINST this player making it at the highest level.

khaled_a_d

First time for you guys, eh? Just realizing the inherent risk of buying young talents :lol:

But hindsight is 20/20.

No one is arguing against that though.
We already said it is a collective strategy, you will lose the most but the ones who work out will always cover for it.
Doesn't mean there isn't a margin for improvement, and that is the discussion here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our thinking truly baffles me sometimes.

I'm well aware that teams sign young talents because they're betting on their potential rather than their current level, BUT they still need to show something at the team you sign them from.

Matheus Fernandes signing made no sense and surprised even Palmeiras.

We also need to be clearer about the profiles we sign in the future.

Wingers for example we should avoid if they are slow unless they are truly exceptional dribblers that can get past players with trickery at the next level and great at chance creation as well. It's rare though.

Home of Barca Fans