FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Full match is available via the Barca One app, thrilled it’s also available in LG content store

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What a goal.

I don't know how Tony makes an impact down the line with Lamine. But he's the A tier talent in this B side right now.

Guille has a ton to his game but needs to connect it all together. I think he can if we maintain the AMC role in a 4231. But baby steps for now. He will close the door to Darvich though.

He definitely can't stay in the B team much longer, at 16 :amazed:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
What a goal.

I don't know how Tony makes an impact down the line with Lamine. But he's the A tier talent in this B side right now.

Guille has a ton to his game but needs to connect it all together. I think he can if we maintain the AMC role in a 4231. But baby steps for now. He will close the door to Darvich though.
Have to agree, Darvich really hasn't impressed me that much. But could we make a couple if bucks on him? I mean, he's alright but he lacks qualities for "Barca style" football - but he has other qualities... mid table Bundesliga and/or EPL would fit him.
When it comes to Toni, he play can more like a #9 - well ok he drops down or moves to the wing often, but he could play more as a "pure" #9 no? Anyway, if he keeps it up he should get called up if/when Fati bottles his chances this season. Beside the freak-injuries, bringing up youngsters have really payed off for us and gives Masia even more momentum - it's awesome they "produce" such players lately :)

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Toni is a terrific dribbler but even better still is his ability to use his body to create advantages, from simple feints. I think we‘re just accustomed to the outrageous efficiency of Lamine who rarely makes the wrong decision

It does not reflect a player of his age which is more & more common at La Masia

Mental

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Toni isn't a 9 and can't play their, is a winger or a 10, like his cousin.
Than we sorta' have a problem... He's left footed, so not the best choice for LW. RW is Yamal and Olmo plays 10'ish. Imho Toni could fit in as a "false" 9 and sometimes give Yamal/Olmo a rest - but if we buy a WC (whatever...) 9, than we have a problem again.
So yeah, we have a problem - a luxury problem with TOO many great youngsters coming through...

MontenegrinCuler

Than we sorta' have a problem... He's left footed, so not the best choice for LW. RW is Yamal and Olmo plays 10'ish. Imho Toni could fit in as a "false" 9 and sometimes give Yamal/Olmo a rest - but if we buy a WC (whatever...) 9, than we have a problem again.
So yeah, we have a problem - a luxury problem with TOO many great youngsters coming through...
I love this problem

jamrock

Can he dribble?
Yesterday he looked like he can't beat his man at all, that dribbling is more about having a ball retention ability.

Yea good observation, is ability to beat the man, does seem to be more ability, technical ability,ball retention, pass and move, that being ability to take his man on 1v1

Something to keep an eye on to see how he develops.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yea good observation, is ability to beat the man, does seem to be more ability, technical ability,ball retention, pass and move, that being ability to take his man on 1v1

Something to keep an eye on to see how he develops.
Yeah, maybe you guys are on to something.

Porque

@Messi983

About Cordero. I read Malaga said they had difficulty in renewing him. That his family are more interested in a move and Pino Zahavi has come on board as his new agent.

I suspect this points to a Barca move if they can't change his mind before the winter market.

With a 3m buyout clause, Laporta can basically pay Zahavi more to broker the deal than he would get as a transfer commission on 3m- while the club pays less overall. Malaga would receive their formation rights fees.

Everyone wins but Malaga.

Home of Barca Fans