FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Ronnie10

Thanks for the video. I like it very much. I'm happy to see how Deulofeu and Rafinha evolved in Barcelona B, when the likes of Espinosa, Roberto dont show much progress. Ability to adapt and learn is also important talent.

kozza

B players Oier, Sergi Roberto and Rafinha have promotion clause in their contract, although all three could leave, on loan or permanent [as]
It means that Deulofeu will stay in B team next season ? It could be nice, since he is still too selfish and sloppy, which isn't allowed in first team, he has to work harder and improve in order to fit first team playing system.

Wouterinho

B players Oier, Sergi Roberto and Rafinha have promotion clause in their contract, although all three could leave, on loan or permanent [as]
It means that Deulofeu will stay in B team next season ? It could be nice, since he is still too selfish and sloppy, which isn't allowed in first team, he has to work harder and improve in order to fit first team playing system.
It would be terrible for Deulofeu's development. He's already clearly too good for the B team and he won't learn anything (especially from Eusebio). He still has a lot to learn, but I think he can only learn these things when training and playing on a higher level.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He should remain with the B team but move up during the season, as Thiago did. This way he'd be playing regularly for Barca B but get a few games for the A-team and learn from them.

kozza

Or maybe he should be loaned to a Liga team with decent level but where he can have an important playing time.
With A-Team he will surely not play too much, and will not have many chances to prove himself, all what he needs is playing a lot of minutes in the highest level.

Last edited:

archimidis

I am not trying to troll, but why do many people hate Eusebio's work? You think it is easy to find a coach for the second team of a professional team (so no real prospects regarding trophies or anything related), who knows our way of playing and even though the squad is changing every year very much he manages to keep it in Secunda B and rotates and develops the players? Does anyone think that there is an enough qualified (i.e. a good) coach who would want to train the B-team of a football team? Look for example when Oscar Garcia left, he went to play for a professional club in Israel (I think..). If he was better that Eusebio and he wanted to train Barcelona B, you think the board would prefer Eusebio for that position? Eusebio might not very good or efficient, but I don't think that many coaches would fight for his place..

jklz

The point is that Eusebio does not train the squad to play the Barça way and no talent significantly develops under him.

archimidis

@Jamrock, The youngsters of course. You think that they aren't developing? The players at that age can develop even by playing competitive games.

@jklz, On the contrary they do try to play a possession oriented game. However, when the best player on the team is a winger (i.e. Deulofeu) then the coach will focus the development of the game on him. So, with different players, I think it is too much to ask them to play exactly the Barca tactic. Finally, Barca B is a team with (how many?) 5 or 6 new players every year, it takes much time for a new player, coming not from our youth teams, to adapt.

Last edited:

archimidis

You are right, but look how efficient Deulofeu is. By the way, I sure hope we buy Luis Alberto, we miss this kind of players from our academies and the money are not that much.

jklz

Than why bother playing players that don't come from our youth system, that could easily be replaced by players from our youth system? For example Lobato and Kiko Femenía. They hardly add anything but they still play plenty of minutes. And why is it too much to ask them to play the Barça tactic? Juvenil A, Cadet A etc. do it. They should be groomed to play in the first team, not to have the play focused on just one player.

We have two great midfield players/prospects, but they hardly feature in the current play style.

archimidis

Jklz, I don't believe that we can form a team by only our young players and at the same time stay in Secunda division. I don't know many things about Lobato, but before we bought Femenia, he had a very good season with Hercules and he was under 20 years old. Nevertheless, until the spanish legislation changes and we can offer contracts to 16 year old kids, and keep them, we for sure cannot form a team that will stay in the division which will be 100% Barcelona.
Which midfield players you mean?

jklz

Rafinha and Sergi Roberto. They could easily function in a dominating midfield, but more often then not the midfield just gets skipped (long balls to Deulofeu or Luis Alberto). Also Espinosa has basically been ruined by Eusebio, another exciting midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans