FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

archimidis

It is true that all three of them played more games last year, but Roberto was also called couple of times this year in the first team. However, the question stays the same. If Eusebio is so useless and in fact must leave, which would consider the possibility to come and train Barcelona B. I am not a fan of Eusebio too, but I consider him good enough because he can be there and provide some stability to Barca B. If we consider coaches such as Pep or Luis Enrique, the first managed the team for one year and it is difficult to find again someone like Luis, but let's not forget that this was the first team he coached in general and that he left two years before his contract ended. I do not blame him, but it is Barca B which cannot be promoted. Unless we relegate.. :amazed:

Wouterinho

I am not trying to troll, but why do many people hate Eusebio's work? You think it is easy to find a coach for the second team of a professional team (so no real prospects regarding trophies or anything related), who knows our way of playing and even though the squad is changing every year very much he manages to keep it in Secunda B and rotates and develops the players? Does anyone think that there is an enough qualified (i.e. a good) coach who would want to train the B-team of a football team? Look for example when Oscar Garcia left, he went to play for a professional club in Israel (I think..). If he was better that Eusebio and he wanted to train Barcelona B, you think the board would prefer Eusebio for that position? Eusebio might not very good or efficient, but I don't think that many coaches would fight for his place..
I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but:
- I think coaching Barcelona B could be an amazing and interesting experience. To me, developing young and talented players seems one of the most fun parts of being a coach.
- If you perform well, you'll certainly attract the attention of bigger clubs (probably more as a Barcelona B coach than as any other spanish second division coach). If you do really well, you might even pull off 'a Guardiola' and become head coach of Barcelona, the kind of chance that other coaches would have to do a lot more for.

archimidis

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but:
- I think coaching Barcelona B could be an amazing and interesting experience. To me, developing young and talented players seems one of the most fun parts of being a coach.
- If you perform well, you'll certainly attract the attention of bigger clubs (probably more as a Barcelona B coach than as any other spanish second division coach). If you do really well, you might even pull off 'a Guardiola' and become head coach of Barcelona, the kind of chance that other coaches would have to do a lot more for.

Interesting aspect indeed! However, the first one is subjective and the second one really one of the kind. Nevertheless, I sure hope that someone would consider the second and we will find a better coach. However, with our current issues in the first team and the conflict between Rosell and Laporta, I cannot see us even considering finding a new one.

gunnerthoughts

Thing is, Deulofeu's contract is up in 2014. He'll probably sign soon, but I wonder if he'll hold out and sign once he gets his chances. Already 19, and not featuring enough for the first team - he might grow impatient. Though, I doubt that.

Maria

I am not trying to troll, but why do many people hate Eusebio's work? You think it is easy to find a coach for the second team of a professional team (so no real prospects regarding trophies or anything related), who knows our way of playing and even though the squad is changing every year very much he manages to keep it in Secunda B
With the players he has and with the money that Barca spends every year on the B team(more than most of the team in La Liga) that's the least he can do. And you say that not many coaches would accept to train a team that has 0 chances of winning a trophy..well a coach that was fired from a club like Celta and was HATED by their fans can't really hope to train Barca or Real ever(because let's be honest these 2 are the only clubs that can hope to win a trophy in Spain these days)..and as far as Eusebio knowing Barca's way of playing you are right. He sure is immitating this year's Barca's, with Deulofeu instead of Messi and with the worst transition ofence-defence that I have ever seen.

and rotates and develops the players? Does anyone think that there is an enough qualified (i.e. a good) coach who would want to train the B-team of a football team? Look for example when Oscar Garcia left, he went to play for a professional club in Israel (I think..). If he was better that Eusebio and he wanted to train Barcelona B, you think the board would prefer Eusebio for that position? Eusebio might not very good or efficient, but I don't think that many coaches would fight for his place..

You start by saying that you're not trying to troll and then you make this afirmations:D..so Oscar left because he isn't good enough or because he thought that training Barca B wasn't good enough for him..that after he coached Juvenil A, won everything that could have been won in Spain with that team and after he saw that even Pep started training the B team...
And let's not even talk about the players that Eusebio has supposedly helped in their development..the only player that he helped was Lobato. Other than that I didn't see any improvement in his players..and I can only cry when I remember that Samper is going to be on his hands next year. Also if you want to see a coach that has improved a B team from the moment he arrived, you have Pep or Toril asexamples. Eusebio is with us only because of his friends and because he doesn't bother the coach of the first team(like LE used to do).

However, with our current issues in the first team and the conflict between Rosell and Laporta, I cannot see us even considering finding a new one.

Honestly..you must be a troll. How can you say that Rosell can't find a new coach for the B team because of Laporta? the only thing that Laporta did since he left was that he gave 2-3 interviews or that he made some comments on twitter after some stupid statements from Freixa or Bartomeu. Laporta had to deal with a censure motion and still brought Pep, Dani, Pique, Keita and Hleb in the meantime. And you're telling me that Rosell can't replace Eusebio because of his conflict with Laporta? A conflict that doesn't even exists in the papers from Catalonia because they all bow to Rosell? Really?

Last edited:

archimidis

With the players he has and with the money that Barca spends every year on the B team(more than most of the team in La Liga) that's the least he can do. And you say that not many coaches would accept to train a team that has 0 chances of winning a trophy..well a coach that was fired from a club like Celta and was HATED by their fans can't really hope to train Barca or Real ever(because let's be honest these 2 are the only clubs that can hope to win a trophy in Spain these days)..and as far as Eusebio knowing Barca's way of playing you are right. He sure is immitating this year's Barca's, with Deulofeu instead of Messi and with the worst transition ofence-defence that I have ever seen.

You start by saying that you're not trying to troll and then you make this afirmations:D..so Oscar left because he isn't good enough or because he thought that training Barca B wasn't good enough for him..that after he coached Juvenil A, won everything that could have been won in Spain with that team and after he saw that even Pep started training the B team...
And let's not even talk about the players that Eusebio has supposedly helped in their development..the only player that he helped was Lobato. Other than that I didn't see any improvement in his players..and I can only cry when I remember that Samper is going to be on his hands next year. Also if you want to see a coach that has improved a B team from the moment he arrived, you have Pep or Toril asexamples. Eusebio is with us only because of his friends and because he doesn't bother the coach of the first team(like LE used to do).

Honestly..you must be a troll. How can you say that Rosell can't find a new coach for the B team because of Laporta? the only thing that Laporta did since he left was that he gave 2-3 interviews or that he made some comments on twitter after some stupid statements from Freixa or Bartomeu. Laporta had to deal with a censure motion and still brought Pep, Dani, Pique, Keita and Hleb in the meantime. And you're telling me that Rosell can't replace Eusebio because of his conflict with Laporta? A conflict that doesn't even exists in the papers from Catalonia because they all bow to Rosell? Really?

First of all, I didn't claim I was right, just wanted to start a discussion. Secondly, a coach fired from Celta or any other club of Primera division is more likely to me to go to another small club (with respect to trophies) of La Liga after one or two years or go to manage a team in another quite smaller championship, when compared to La Liga. Furthermore, I didn't say that Eusebio is the most efficient guy in his job. You can read my comments above for the latter.
I didn't say that Oscar wasn't good enough. I said that when he was leaving last year, I remember that there were rumors about taking Eusebio's place in Barca B. However, he didn't, so I was wondering what was the reason. Why do you think he left?
Finally, you misunderstand me here too. I say that this summer is going to be really active for us. There are many rumors and the season has shown us that there must be changes if we want to be as effective as we were a couple of years ago. Therefore, the board and the Tito have to make a decision regarding our most important transfer targets and then pursue them. At the same time, since a couple of years ago, there is this big issue between the current board and the previous one. During these two years I have seen Guardiola really kept some distance from this conflict and I am still not sure the real reasons behind his departure. Lastly, you should also take into account that Rossel was also part of the previous board, with which he now have the problems, mainly with Laporta. The conflict between Laporta and Rossel is not an imaginary case, there have been many statements so far from both sides and it seems that they will go to the courthouse. Hence, I don't see to be one of the main goals of the current board to replace Eusebio, since he stayed already 2 years.

jamrock

Oscar left because he wanted the b team job, but as he is a laporta loyalist he was not given it

jklz

Masip, Balliu, Lombán, Muniesa, Edgar Ié, Ilie, Espinosa, Rafinha, Deulofeu, Kiko i Araujo

Ié! Planas and Sergi Roberto out injured after the Lugo clash.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Amusing that Elche are about to be promoted to the Primera yet insist on parking the bus against the B team

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lovely, another cheating side in Elche to add to the Primera mix - can't wait for the visit there next season with the 1st team

Home of Barca Fans