FC Barcelona Finances

Andresito

Staff member
How tf are we supposed to cope with that salary cap? From 347M to 97M.

Is that number already set or can it improve with our revenue increasing during the season?

i_bleed_blaugrana

How tf are we supposed to cope with that salary cap? From 347M to 97M.

Is that number already set or can it improve with our revenue increasing during the season?

This rate, if I understand correctly, is based on our annual account balances and wage expenditures. Basically, this is what La Liga says is within our means on paper this year, based on the figures in our accounts.

So should we finalize a deal like the one that came out yesterday that allows us to restructure our debt obligations, we surely will have a higher cap next season. Doubt it will change in January however.

Still seems ludicrously low and some more transparency on the exact measures they take to calculate this stuff should be known. But who I am I kidding, transparency in Spain?! :lol: :lol:

mc_lovin

This rate, if I understand correctly, is based on our annual account balances and wage expenditures. Basically, this is what La Liga says is within our means on paper this year, based on the figures in our accounts.

So should we finalize a deal like the one that came out yesterday that allows us to restructure our debt obligations, we surely will have a higher cap next season. Doubt it will change in January however.

Still seems ludicrously low and some more transparency on the exact measures they take to calculate this stuff should be known. But who I am I kidding, transparency in Spain?! :lol: :lol:

Not sure how restructuring our debt would change anything.

I guess the 'problem' for us is that from an accounting point of view we deliberately written all our losses (437ME or whatever) into this years accounts, which should help us next year, because the La Liga rules are rather retarded (hence the insane fluctuations). A five year average or whatever would make a lot more sense.

Messigician

Finished club, take CVC deal

La Liga will make the new salary limits public tomorrow. Bar?a go from second place to 7th place. Madrid shoot up with a whopping 739M per season. Bar?a have a measly 97M to register players.

? @partidazocope

Porque

The numbers are so paltry that if they were true, Barcelona would have to take legal action and/or threaten to leave LaLiga. You can't have FC Barcelona on a lower salary cap than backwater Villarreal with zero fan base and income bar the owners ceramic company. Well run club, but shows the salary rules of LaLiga coupled with Covid are a joke.

Nazario1985

Without a debt restructuration, next year will be even worse.

It's not la liga's fault, no exception in rules for a big or small club.

I say it again, if FCB was a company it will go bankrupt in seconds.

Those figures are almost criminal. Laporta need to get his head out of Perez butt and book a fly to the middle east to negotiate some shit.

But the donkey he is, still pushing for that super shit.

Rory

Maybe Pique, Busquets, Roberto and Alba will all leave then. Probably have to sell De Jong. Don't see all of that as the biggest loss ever. We can bounce back

mc_lovin

Without a debt restructuration, next year will be even worse.

It's not la liga's fault, no exception in rules for a big or small club.

I say it again, if FCB was a company it will go bankrupt in seconds.

Those figures are almost criminal. Laporta need to get his head out of Perez butt and book a fly to the middle east to negotiate some shit.

But the donkey he is, still pushing for that super shit.

Just to be clear: a company with ~1.3BE debt, ~800ME in revenues and ~600ME expenditures is not close to bankruptcy. That's where we are hopefully heading to (if we are not there already).

I don't think the salary cap will be a problem next season, it will probably screw our winter window though (if we even had any plans for it). The fluctuations in numbers go both ways with the current system. I guess we will jump back to ~400ME if we don't record excessive losses again, which should have been this year only (by design).

behindbrowneyes

What does that even mean or change now? 21/22 season has already started and La Liga even registered new signings like Memphis, Aguero, etc... Was this only possible due to that 4:1 - rule or what?

We won't sign anyone in winter transfer market and numbers for 22/23 season should go up based on current season's revenue and some other factors like lowered salaries, much lower amortisations etc.

Joan

What does that even mean or change now? 21/22 season has already started and La Liga even registered new signings like Memphis, Aguero, etc... Was this only possible due to that 4:1 - rule or what?

We won't sign anyone in winter transfer market and numbers for 22/23 season should go up based on current season's revenue and some other factors like lowered salaries, much lower amortisations etc.

That's how I see it too. If we don't record any losses this season (that is a priority anyway), it won't impact us for the next season.

Messigician

Jos? Guerra (Corporate General Director of La Liga): "There were solutions for Messi to stay at Bar?a. It was the club that decided to allocate the available resources one way or another. I don't think it was just a financial issue." [sport via [MENTION=10062]Maria[/MENTION]garridos]

Mother fucker we can't register Messi's dog with that salary cap let alone Messi

Home of Barca Fans