FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Outrageous figure. I'd like to see how these numbers were calculated, shady La Liga and its Spanish fucks on top never cared to explain the how and the why, did they?

If this results in crippling our team in the middle of a season, unregistering players we already did and forcing players to leave as a result, then La Liga has done a perfect own goal destroying its own brand. A one-horse league like Bundesliga, who wants to watch that?

The 1.5 billion Saudi deal? Nah, won't take it even if it was real. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. The catches are probably should we ever default, they will take over part of the club. No hell no.

fuck-La-Liga.jpg

Last edited:

Messigician

Outrageous figure. I'd like to see how these numbers were calculated, shady La Liga and its Spanish fucks on top never cared to explain the how and the why, did they?

If this results in crippling our team in the middle of a season, unregistering players we already did and forcing players to leave as a result, then La Liga has done a perfect own goal destroying its own brand. A one-horse league like Bundesliga, who wants to watch that?

The 1.5 billion Saudi deal? Nah, won't take it even if it was real. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. The catches are probably should we ever default, they will take over part of the club. No hell no.

Tru

Messigician

La Liga will make the new salary limits public tomorrow. Bar?a go from second place to 7th place. Madrid shoot up with a whopping 739M per season. Bar?a have a measly 97M to register players.

? @partidazocope

Jos? Guerra (Corporate General Director of La Liga): "There were solutions for Messi to stay at Bar?a. It was the club that decided to allocate the available resources one way or another. I don't think it was just a financial issue." [sport via [MENTION=10062]Maria[/MENTION]garridos]

Mother fucker we can't register Messi's dog with that salary cap let alone Messi

Is this the end of our beloved Barcelona?

Messigician

.@CiriaMarc (expert economist): ?It is the amortizations that kill us, as well as the obligations(debt) and the excess in wage bill from one season to another. They didn?t accept the CVC deal for obvious reasons and there was little flexibility in that rule even in an emergency.?

Crixus

fuck-La-Liga.jpg
Samuelmarsden :The reason Bar?a have had such a steep drop (steeper than expected) is because of president Laporta's decision to, basically, make last season's losses as big as possible by writing off certain assets etc. ?481m losses presented by the board when had estimated at ?200m.

Messigician

Samuelmarsden :The reason Bar?a have had such a steep drop (steeper than expected) is because of president Laporta's decision to, basically, make last season's losses as big as possible by writing off certain assets etc. ?481m losses presented by the board when had estimated at ?200m.

Keep calm man BACK AGAIN

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I am sure Laporta had his reasons to do that, but if he didn't foresee the impact of doing such on the wage bill then he has shot himself on the foot and brought us all down with it.

mc_lovin

I am sure Laporta had his reasons to do that, but if he didn't foresee the impact of doing such on the wage bill then he has shot himself on the foot and brought us all down with it.

We will see next year, but I am optimistic. This year our only option was to work with the 4:1 rule anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We will see next year, but I am optimistic. This year our only option was to work with the 4:1 rule anyway.

I doubt that La Liga just publishes the numbers and lets us get away with it easily. They have mentioned "sanctions" for clubs that can't comply beyond this season, so we might suffer from further and subsequent consequences this season and beyond.

For next season we should be better than the paltry 97m the pathetic La Liga and Tebas gang gave us, but I doubt it will be much more. We might still incur a loss this season, albeit not as much as last season's. So we might see an increase of our allotted wage bill but it won't be back to our normal 600m or even 500m range, I think. We will continue to have serious challenges, I think.

Fuck La Liga.

Devils

This is disgusting.

Once again this fascist country aims to oppress Catalunya and the Catalan people.

CATALUNYA IS NOT SPAIN AND IT NEVER WILL BE YOU COWARDS.

We need to leave this corrupt league.

Visca Barca, Visca Catalunya

Last edited:

Crixus

https://global.espn.com/football/barcelona-espbarcelona/story/4486577/barcelona-financial-crisis-laid-bare-as-laliga-cut-300m-from-spending-cap

-LaLiga corporate director Jose Guerra explained that the Catalan club's limit, which is less than clubs such as Villarreal and Real Sociedad, is down to losses of nearly €500m for the previous campaign

"They acknowledge much higher losses than what they had initially estimated, so the impact is greater on their spending limit," Guerra said in a video call on Wednesday.

-Barca recently confirmed losses for the 2020-21 season of €481m. That was around €200m higher than had originally been estimated following an external audit by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Sources told ESPN that was down to president Joan Laporta, who was elected in March, writing off several assets as part of last year's accounts, including amortisation payments due on certain players, to help the club return a profit this season.

Porque

What is also apparent in those new numbers is how precarious the situation of Valencia currently is. Of course, unlike us, they can be "saved" by a sale. There were rumours of Lim passing on the club to his Malaysian friend previously.

The most flabbergasting numbers are how Madrid shoot up higher to pre-covid times inspite of their expenditure on Stadium renovations.

For us, obvious it is also impossble to reduce salary to less than a million. The amortization Laporta done is good for the physical health of the club but poor for the virtual health that this Salary Cap is. What it also does is reduce our hand when selling/renegotiating sponsorships and sales as stakeholders will know we are absolutely desperate and can not take the optimal deal.

If Saudi propose prepostrous amounts to be tied to Barcelona in a handshake way and get similar mileages and connected brand values as Abu Dhabi with City and Qatar with PSG then why not? It is not as if Qatar is any better than them.

Messigician

Because the only consequence of not meeting the salary cap is the inability to sign NEW players, if Laporta had extended Messi's contract before June 30th, he wouldn't have been considered a signing but a current player just as anyone else and would have stayed w/o any problems.

Home of Barca Fans