FC Barcelona Finances

Messi983

What worries me is the 21m that is tied to the Champions League, which is part of our projected revenue of 765m for the 21/22 season, this is based on the assumption that we will make it out of the group stage and continue to play in the CL this season.

There is a good chance we will miss out on a good portion of the 21m if we can't finish second in the group. I have no idea by playing in the EL, how much money we will get, probably not much.

We already received 15,6m to qualify for the CL, we get additional 2,8m for every win in group stage. So we get those projected 21m if we win two games (or win one, draw three).

What clubs will get in UCL prize-money payments

15.64m euros for qualifying for the group stage
2.8m euros per group-stage win, 930,000 euros per group-stage draw
9.6m euros for qualifying for the last 16
10.6m euros for qualifying for the quarter-finals
12.5m euros for qualifying for the semi-finals
15.5m euros for qualifying for the final
4.5m euros for winning the final

As for the EL money we'd need to get to the final to get almost the same money as we'd receive only for qualifying to CL knockout stage.

Position Teams Prize Money
Winners 1 ? 8,600,000
Runners-up 1 ? 4,600,000
Semi-finalists 4 ? 2,800,000
Quarter-finalists 8 ? 1,800,000
Round of 16 16 ? 1,200,000
Round of 32 32 ? 500,000

malvolio

Barcelona could have kept Messi if they didn't sign Aguero, Depay - Tebas

"I had dinner at Laporta's house and he agreed to sign the CVC agreement," Tebas, who believes Real Madrid president Florentino Perez forced Barca to pull out of the deal, told Cope.

"I didn't know if Messi could renew because of that, but later I got a call [from Laporta]. 'Can we accelerate the CVC deal? The kid [Messi] is getting nervous,' he said.

"I told him: 'The day it comes out, Florentino is going to try and burst it.' And Laporta told me: 'No, no, I have character.' Florentino's behind it all, I have no doubt.

"There was an agreement that if [Barca] signed the CVC deal, they could have put 15% of the money towards signing players. In my opinion, they could have signed Messi.

"Laporta signed players like Memphis, Aguero... if he didn't sign those players, Messi could continue."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...pt-messi-if-they-didnt-sign-aguerodepay-tebas

Messigician

Barcelona could have kept Messi if they didn't sign Aguero, Depay - Tebas

"I had dinner at Laporta's house and he agreed to sign the CVC agreement," Tebas, who believes Real Madrid president Florentino Perez forced Barca to pull out of the deal, told Cope.

"I didn't know if Messi could renew because of that, but later I got a call [from Laporta]. 'Can we accelerate the CVC deal? The kid [Messi] is getting nervous,' he said.

"I told him: 'The day it comes out, Florentino is going to try and burst it.' And Laporta told me: 'No, no, I have character.' Florentino's behind it all, I have no doubt.

"There was an agreement that if [Barca] signed the CVC deal, they could have put 15% of the money towards signing players. In my opinion, they could have signed Messi.

"Laporta signed players like Memphis, Aguero... if he didn't sign those players, Messi could continue."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...pt-messi-if-they-didnt-sign-aguerodepay-tebas

Stunning revelation!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It could very much be true that Laporta initially was receptive to the CVC idea and later backed out due to whatever reason, but Tebas' assertion that if we hadn't signed Memphis and Aguero we would have kept Messi is total BS, in my opinion. Memphis, Aguero and the other signings together make probably a quarter or half at best of what Messi's reduced wage was, and since we struggled so much registering them even after releasing Messi, I am having a hard time imagining that we would have kept Messi.

Tebas is trying to shift blame again.

Messigician

It could very much be true that Laporta initially was receptive to the CVC idea and later backed out due to whatever reason, but Tebas' assertion that if we hadn't signed Memphis and Aguero we would have kept Messi is total BS, in my opinion. Memphis, Aguero and the other signings together make probably a quarter or half at best of what Messi's reduced wage was, and since we struggled so much registering them even after releasing Messi, I am having a hard time imagining that we would have kept Messi.

Tebas is trying to shift blame again.
Nope you extend Messi's contract and don't let it run out then salary cap isn't important as he isn't considered a new signing.

Cope

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We already received 15,6m to qualify for the CL, we get additional 2,8m for every win in group stage. So we get those projected 21m if we win two games (or win one, draw three).

What clubs will get in UCL prize-money payments

15.64m euros for qualifying for the group stage
2.8m euros per group-stage win, 930,000 euros per group-stage draw
9.6m euros for qualifying for the last 16
10.6m euros for qualifying for the quarter-finals
12.5m euros for qualifying for the semi-finals
15.5m euros for qualifying for the final
4.5m euros for winning the final

As for the EL money we'd need to get to the final to get almost the same money as we'd receive only for qualifying to CL knockout stage.

Position Teams Prize Money
Winners 1 ? 8,600,000
Runners-up 1 ? 4,600,000
Semi-finalists 4 ? 2,800,000
Quarter-finalists 8 ? 1,800,000
Round of 16 16 ? 1,200,000
Round of 32 32 ? 500,000

Thanks, great information. I am guessing the 21m (per 2Playbook) is the money we might get after we make it to the knockout stage, starting with the group of 16? Not sure how exactly it was calculated.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No it isn't if you extend him

According to who? How is it possible for La Liga to allow us or any club to have two distinct wage bills, one for existing players which is not subject to the salary cap, another for new signings which is? It would defeat the purpose of the salary cap.

They are not stupid.

Messi is gone. Deal with it. He can't stay here forever anyways.

Messigician

According to who? How is it possible for La Liga to allow us or any club to have two distinct wage bills, one for existing players which is not subject to the salary cap, another for new signings which is? It would defeat the purpose of the salary cap.

They are not stupid.

Messi is gone. Deal with it. He can't stay here forever anyways.

Look it up

ajnotkeith

Question. How many players let their contracts expire before renewing?

Answer. None.

Yup. If we were gonna renew him the deal would never have expired. In football teams don't leave their players free agents for months then decide to resign them. We were praying that somehow half our squad decided to leave which was never going to happen lol

Home of Barca Fans