FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think our design works well with Adidas and I absolutely detest the new 16/17 Adidas designs, but hey, if Nike doesn't come up with at least 100m I'd say let's go for the highest bidder, whoever that is.

Nike is so stingy, they probably think they are safe with "the biggest marketed sport in the world, aka the friggin NFL". Puke.

Alen

So strange. Barcelona seem to struggle so much to get sponsorship deals done and i have absolutely no clue as to why. The product sells itself basically.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Would Adidas be more likely to offer a deal based off the Messi factor? Remember the rumour a while ago about them paying part of the deal to get Messi to Chelsea which was obviously rubbish but I can't think of a reason why they would offer less to us than they pay to Real if we did explore that option

raskolnikov

Incompetent board, its the only realistic answer.
If we had someone good at making money like Perez we woud reign forever.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Would Adidas be more likely to offer a deal based off the Messi factor? Remember the rumour a while ago about them paying part of the deal to get Messi to Chelsea which was obviously rubbish but I can't think of a reason why they would offer less to us than they pay to Real if we did explore that option

Yup, at the very least our club will need to start getting on the phones with Adidas to make Nike nervous.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
BbsImg14540556802957_968x1184big.jpg

Looking at this , you would think that we are the ones who won 1 La liga and 1 CL in 7 years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem with Adidas is that they've sold themselves cheaply.

Massive deals for Man Utd, Bayern and now Real Madrid means they most likely won't be able to cough up so much for us too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nike will pay up. We are their only top team in world's most popular sport and have 3 best players on the planet.

They would be morons if they don't.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The problem with Adidas is that they've sold themselves cheaply.

Massive deals for Man Utd, Bayern and now Real Madrid means they most likely won't be able to cough up so much for us too.

True. Over 300 million for those 3 clubs between them. Plus another 100 or so million if we went down that route. Hopefully the Messi factor will make them think its worth it.

Having said that we've got Nike's poster boy as well in the form of Neymar. I'd imagine they'd hate to see him in an Adidas shirt :lol:

Alen

Nike will pay up. We are their only top team in world's most popular sport and have 3 best players on the planet.

They would be morons if they don't.

I don't know about that. The way they backed out of the Man U, Arsenal and Juve deals makes me think they're not so into it anymore.

Maybe a new player could introduce itself with Barcelona. Like Under Armour or something.

Home of Barca Fans