FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know about that. The way they backed out of the Man U, Arsenal and Juve deals makes me think they're not so into it anymore.

Maybe a new player could introduce itself with Barcelona. Like Under Armour or something.

I get the same vibes. Football/soccer might not matter as much to Nike as it did before.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar's with Nike.

And he'll be the leading star of football in not very distant future.

That might make them pay up despite of them moving away from football to American sports.

In any case, we should start renegotiating very soon now to see where they stand.

Interlop

They have better people working in marketing and better businessmen running the club overall. After a decade of Barca dominance they still beat us in making money.

Yeah but like, they still had 4 years left on their contract, why would Adidas suddenly sign a new contract and triple the money they pay them? That smells a lot of bullshit like there is got to be something hidden there, i don't know. That is bad business for Adidas not even considering how poor Real has been last 10 years trophy wise.

JamDav1982

The Real deal must have heavy incentives before Adidas are paying that.

Either that or they just look at the number of merchandise they are selling for a largely unsuccessful Real side and are gambling it could explode if they become the the outright best in world.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The Real deal must have heavy incentives before Adidas are paying that.

Either that or they just look at the number of merchandise they are selling for a largely unsuccessful Real side and are gambling it could explode if they become the the outright best in world.

Despite its relatively poor results lately, Real Madrid is still selling more jerseys than we are, according to Euromericas. Figures from last year:

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...ers-and-charts-(Euromericas-Marketing-Agency)

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Looking at this , you would think that we are the ones who won 1 La liga and 1 CL in 7 years.

That's pretty embarrassing to look at, although there is a lot of incentives in our current deal to make it more than 32 million. We're the most widely supported football club in the world and by far the most successful in modern football. I'm hoping to hear good news on our sponsorship deals soon, really disappointed in what appears to be a very incompetent board so far. I don't believe Real Madrid are getting an outright 140 million per season starting either now or next season when their current contract wasn't up though, unlike us though they would be getting an amount that matches their fanbase, honestly hate Real Madrid but their financial team is making ours look like complete and utter morons.

slk123

so what real sells more jerseys and do better marketing. their whole philosophy is to make money and they sacrifice the sporting success for it.
why do you even give a shit about them being economically above us?

let them keep buying players for their marketing value while we win trophies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We win trophies because we had the best generation ever + Messi. It's something that happens once in a lifetime, not something you can count on or result of some planned scheme.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
From his words I think there may be some sort of deal but the numbers seem way off, perhaps I'm wrong but 4 years before their current contract expires and tripling their current payment just seems too good for even Real Madrids board to pull off. Adidas aren't idiots.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
/me clicked this thread and joined his hand praying to read that the 65M Qatar deal is done. True story.

Silly me :bartomeu:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If this thing drags on it is going to be so bad. Who cares about the extra 5m a year? Just sign the damn contract with 60m!!

Home of Barca Fans