FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Are we still the first club to have revenue of one billion? Barto's dream

I think we are, we were slated to hit 1b for the 19/20 season if COVID wasn’t there to wreck our plan, at least that’s what Bartomeu had hoped for. I don’t think any other clubs hit the 1b mark since, given the depressed revenue for all clubs due to COVID. But the way we did it means nothing, this is like cheating and completely superficial.

FinBarcelonafan

I think we are, we were slated to hit 1b for the 19/20 season if COVID wasn?t there to wreck our plan, at least that?s what Bartomeu had hoped for. I don?t think any other clubs hit the 1b mark since, given the depressed revenue for all clubs due to COVID. But the way we did it means nothing, this is like cheating and completely superficial.

First is first. :D

But yeah, definitely not feeling good how we managed it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
View attachment 9464

Going by this the wage bill is currently 284 million per year atm if we do manage to shift on depay braithwaite umtiti fdj etc it will most likely drop further and any new signings should be on the under 10 million per season net pay

I don?t know what the source of these figures and how accurate they are, I have my doubts. According to Swiss Ramble our wage bill for the 20/21 season stood at 432m, the second highest in Europe after PSG. I doubt they got it down from 432m to 284m in one season.

MTL_Barca

I don?t know what the source of these figures and how accurate they are, I have my doubts. According to Swiss Ramble our wage bill for the 20/21 season stood at 432m, the second highest in Europe after PSG. I doubt they got it down from 432m to 284m in one season.

For 20/21 we still had Messi, Griezmann and Coutinho.

That alone is probably adding up to like 150M, no?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/ba...al-preve-ingresos-1300-millones_9140_102.html

- We closed the 21/22 season with a profit of 98m, however our net equity is still negative, negative 353m to be exact
- Our revenue is expected to be 1.3b for the 22/23 season because of the levers, with an expected profit of 400m which will bring the net equity value back to the positive territory (positive 40m)
- Salary cap is expected to go up to 620m, including player amortizations

This doesn't look good, really. Just some simple math, if our revenue will be 1.3b for the next season including the levers and our profit will be 400m, that means our expenses, including player wages etc. will be 900m. That's too damn high. Without the additional revenue brought in by the levers we will be screwed again.

620m of salary cap? It is 32% more than what we have spent this past season. I hope they won't go crazy and actually spend up to that limit. We need to keep reducing our wage bill, not increasing it. We need to keep saving money!

frog-fcb

https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/ba...al-preve-ingresos-1300-millones_9140_102.html

- We closed the 21/22 season with a profit of 98m, however our net equity is still negative, negative 353m to be exact
- Our revenue is expected to be 1.3b for the 22/23 season because of the levers, with an expected profit of 400m which will bring the net equity value back to the positive territory (positive 40m)

This doesn't look good, really. Just some simple math, if our revenue will be 1.3b for the next season including the levers and our profit will be 400m, that means our expenses, including player wages etc. will be 900m. That's too damn high. Without the additional revenue brought in by the levers we will be screwed again.

620m of salary cap? It is 32% more than what we have spent this past season. I hope they won't go crazy and actually spend up to that limit. We need to keep reducing our wage bill, not increasing it. We need to keep saving money!

Is the salary cap not the maximum you are allowed to spend not necessarily what we will be spending
The next point is they have probably counted the cost of all our new signings there so that's probably 150 million something I'd assume we won't do every season. Also they could have added in for the termination of contracts like braithwaite etc

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is the salary cap not the maximum you are allowed to spend not necessarily what we will be spending
The next point is they have probably counted the cost of all our new signings there so that's probably 150 million something I'd assume we won't do every season. Also they could have added in for the termination of contracts like braithwaite etc

On your first point, absolutely correct, it doesn't mean we will spend 620m but they can, if they lose their senses. I certainly hope they won't. They need to keep reducing the wage bill. By the way from that article above, it quoted Romeu as saying that our wage bill needs to go down from 560m to around 400m. All the conflicting numbers, I'd guess Romeu is closest to the truth since he is our VP of Finance.

I don't know, is money spent on acquiring players typically counted as expenses from an accounting, or book-balancing perspective? I didn't think so. If not, that 900m figure is really alarming.

Anyways, this newfound wealth is nothing to be proud of.

serghei

This newfound wealth is in reality a way to generate more income for the next 5-6 years as a result of being more competitive and winning more titles. This team should bring more sponsorships, more fans in the stands, more money from UEFA as prize for doing better in CL, more everything really.

If we will not do it, our model as a fan-owned club will be in danger. Madrid will be next. Don't forget that most of their core is still from past 7-8 years.

Why do you think they are desperate for Superleague? They know full well that the margins of success for such a romantic concept as a fan-owned club is wearing thin in the light of state-clubs financed through billions and billions from oil states and mega-billionaires.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This newfound wealth is in reality a way to generate more income for the next 5-6 years as a result of being more competitive and winning more titles. This team should bring more sponsorships, more fans in the stands, more money from UEFA as prize for doing better in CL, more everything really.

If we will not do it, our model as a fan-owned club will be in danger. Madrid will be next. Don't forget that most of their core is still from past 7-8 years.

Why do you think they are desperate for Superleague. They know full well that the margins of success for such a romantic concept as a fan-owned club is wearing thin in the light of state-clubs financed through billions and billions from oil states and mega-billionaires.

This newfound wealth is a one-time payment which will not be repeated (hopefully not), so yeah, if they can turn this into results on the pitch and better business management and market exploitation, it will do us good but it is an "if".

It pains me to read news of other clubs signing new sponsorships while we haven't had any other than Spotify.

serghei

This newfound wealth is a one-time payment which will not be repeated (hopefully not), so yeah, if they can turn this into results on the pitch and better business management and market exploitation, it will do us good but it is an "if".

It pains me to read news of other clubs signing new sponsorships while we haven't had any other than Spotify.

What sponsorships from other clubs higher than Spotify? Most are tied to their owners in one way or another and are ways to trick this flimsy UEFA FFP rules which are kids play really.

The reality is football is no longer profitable, but ways to entertain billionaires or oil states. The ones who make money from football are clubs like Dortmund who sell players to these rich clubs.

Barca are trying to transition now from a PSG-modelled club to a Liverpool or Bayern type of club.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What sponsorships from other clubs higher than Spotify? Most are tied to their owners in one way or another and are ways to trick this flimsy UEFA FFP rules which are kids play really.

The reality is football is no longer profitable, but ways to entertain billionaires or oil states. The ones who make money from football are clubs like Dortmund who sell players to these rich clubs.

Barca are trying to transition now from a PSG-modelled club to a Liverpool or Bayern type of club.

I was referring to not just main shirt sponsorships like Spotify etc., but all sorts of sponsorship deals. Madrid signed 5 or 6 last season while we had NONE other than Spotify. Bayern just signed one today too.

But, since you asked, Madrid's deal with the Emirates Airlines (70m a season) are higher than our deal with Spotify (62.5m a season), for one. I am not complaining about us not getting the highest $ deal of all the main shirt sponsorship deals, I am complaining about us not getting any other sponsorship deals since Laporta had been in office.

Messi983

They probably counted deferred wages into expenses. And possibly costs of contract terminations for likes of Umtiti, Neto and Braithwaite if we'll have to pay them out to leave. Doesn't mean all planned expenses will actually realize. Obviously the same for revenues but 800m of ordinary incomes is not really bad if we'll get them.

Amortisation costs for all new signings (Lewa, Raphinha, Kounde) are around 30m next season. Easy way to calculate it is to divide transfer fees by the length of their contracts.

serghei

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION], barely any time has passed since Laporta signed that we were not cutting costs. Give it a bit and let the man sort out the mess.

What did we have, 1 season where the main job was to sign cheapo players and cut costs? Not anywhere near the type of situation that big companies want to associate with is it? Compared to Madrid who are winning the Champions League it is night and day.

We need to be seen as successful to draw successful rich companies to invest in us.

Home of Barca Fans