FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't like the ESL, but I really hope Barca, RM and Juve win vs. UEFA.

UEFA have shown themselves to either be completely incompetent or corrupt as fuck, probably both, when it comes to handling PSG and Man City's FFP infringements.

Let's hope that American businessman wins the lawsuit against Cerefin or whatever his name is, sounds like a constipation RX drug. If it can be proven that he discouraged or had a role in discouraging other teams to play friendlies against the three ESL teams, I think that's ground for something.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't like the ESL, but I really hope Barca, RM and Juve win vs. UEFA.

UEFA have shown themselves to either be completely incompetent or corrupt as fuck, probably both, when it comes to handling PSG and Man City's FFP infringements.

Winning vs UEFA by selling autonomy to clubs is never a viable option anyone should be endorsing

Don?t like Barca going bust one bit but in normal world should happen as actions of past board should have consequences. Being kept alive for a strategic alliance is the main function of the club and if any sport success happens to come alongside it.. well, lucky you. Feeding on schadenfreude of UEFA + EPL lobby by returning to competitiveness means little to nothing as doesn?t solve any problems other than those Barca have

@Lufty you’re rather cute with how you respond to negative optics on Barca. Corruption has been part of Barca DNA years and years lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Winning vs UEFA by selling autonomy to clubs is never a viable option anyone should be endorsing

Don?t like Barca going bust one bit but in normal world should happen as actions of past board should have consequences. Being kept alive for a strategic alliance is the main function of the club and if any sport success happens to come alongside it.. well, lucky you. Feeding on schadenfreude of UEFA + EPL lobby by returning to competitiveness means little to nothing as doesn?t solve any problems other than those Barca have

@Lufty you’re rather cute with how you respond to negative optics on Barca. Corruption has been part of Barca DNA years and years lol

What should happen? That Barca should have declared bankruptcy and dissolved? Isn't bankruptcy something when you have no means whatsoever to repay your debt? It clearly is not the case here.

Corruption? Sure, I know our history well. I was just saying that garbage article from The Athletic proves no such thing within the realm of its coverage, the closest one is the allegation that we tried to bride UEFA to investigate City.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The strange thing is, to the British media and some in the German media, selling your club, whether in its entirety or a part of it is an act that should be lauded whereas selling your rights and assets, some of which can be recovered is the worst thing in the world.

hehe.

Birdy

The strange thing is, to the British media and some in the German media, selling your club, whether in its entirety or a part of it is an act that should be lauded whereas selling your rights and assets, some of which can be recovered is the worst thing in the world.

hehe.

Yup
Utterly ridiculous double standards, with tons of EPL Bias.
They are as butthurt as Gary Neville that a top-3 PL club with new billionaire owner got owned by 'broke' Barca in the race of top transfer targets.

But it's utterly stupid, as Xavi and Allemany have been working on these specific targets for months...
Bohley came in late and with patchy football know-how, without any SD, and without preparatory work on these targets.
LOL
What did they expect? It's only reasonable to expect the side that has prepared for it to win out in the end

Givenchy

Yup
Utterly ridiculous double standards, with tons of EPL Bias.
They are as butthurt as Gary Neville that a top-3 PL club with new billionaire owner got owned by 'broke' Barca in the race of top transfer targets.

But it's utterly stupid, as Xavi and Allemany have been working on these specific targets for months...
Bohley came in late and with patchy football know-how, without any SD, and without preparatory work on these targets.
LOL
What did they expect? It's only reasonable to expect the side that has prepared for it to win out in the end

I've actually seen City and PSG fans complaining about us spending money and saying Uefa should get involved :lol:

KingLeo10

I've actually seen City and PSG fans complaining about us spending money and saying Uefa should get involved :lol:

Nothing tops Redcafe and their thread on Barcelona, though.

They're a frothing mess, and some still haven't realized Ferguson was the only attractive thing about them in the last 50 years.

El Gato

Villarato!
Article isnt garbage and is a very good overview of how Barca got where they are for anyone that didnt follow and how model going forward is sketchy at best
Cant label anything garbage just because there is no paper trail, such proof wont appear because it'd have to go to court immediately

Making up assets really just delays it as a hail mary. We both know that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Article isnt garbage and is a very good overview of how Barca got where they are for anyone that didnt follow and how model going forward is sketchy at best
Cant label anything garbage just because there is no paper trail, such proof wont appear because it'd have to go to court immediately

Making up assets really just delays it as a hail mary. We both know that.

Well, it is all subjective, right? What you think is great might be garbage to me and vice versa. I am not here to tell you how to feel and vice versa.

To me the article doesn't really intend to seriously address how Barca got to the financial mess and why we did what we did, all of that is a backdrop for them; instead it focuses on sensationalization and eyeball-catching selling points like how players are victims of club's "smear campaigns", how incredible it was a firm that has ties to Madrid helped Barca connect to Six Street, how other clubs distrust Barca etc. (yeah, but citing that one hypocritical La Liga team executive :lol:) etc., most of which are based on speculations and opinions, tabloids stuff and yellow journalism essentially. To me that is garbage, regardless of whether it is about Barca, Madrid or some other club that I don't care about.

Making up assets? Like what? Which ones that Barca sold so far is fictitious?

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't Perez sell 100% of RM's TV rights around 2006?

Been decentralised TV era where you had to sell to get your matches viewed on TV legally. Entirely different situation and argument which was passed round on Spanish Twitter without much thought

Birdy

Been decentralised TV era where you had to sell to get your matches viewed on TV legally. Entirely different situation and argument which was passed round on Spanish Twitter without much thought

The point is he got them back after a few years. The move didn't "condemn the future of RM long-term" but it worked out.

There is so much doom and gloom from English media about Barca's strategy of selling assets for X years

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's face it, Madrid also sold its rights, the 300m or so to Six Street for 30% of their new Bernabeu income in the next how many years I don't remember.

Of course, the difference being Madrid is in a different league when it comes to finances and they are in a much better shape than us, for sure.

Home of Barca Fans