FC Barcelona Finances

serghei

I read something like the club still owes a lot of money to past players that are no longer in the club. How are those sums factored in, don't they still count as wages you have to pay regularly, even if the player is not at the club still?

If players like Messi are still paid huge money from the past, it can easily inflate the wage bill, because his salary was enormous. This is the case with amigos from Barto's days of insane contracts. Almost all are probably still on our books with wages owed.

It was always expected to take 4-5 years to get past the damage Batomeu and his ruinous presidency caused.

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't know about Messi but we still owe Alba around 50% of this year's wages AFAIK. Probably Busi as well. And then there are still deferred wages for likes of MATS (with his recent renewal we just pushed them down the road) and FDJ.

This was our planned budget for 2022/23 season from last year financial report (while waiting for the club to release a new Annual report which usually happens somewhere mid-October).

a.png

Obviously increase in salaries (and operating expenses in general) was only possible due to extraordinary incomes (palancas) but that was a one-time thing. Included in that budget are still wages for likes of Pique, Alba, Busi and players out on loans who covered part of their wages last season (especially Umtiti,...).

c.png

Could be wrong but I think what's included in salary cap limit are Sports personnel wages (519m) and Fixed asset depreciation (140,5m). So we get to close to 660m which is few millions more than mentioned above but probably some things are excluded or calculated differently.

b.png

Also important to note that costs of Players aquisition rights will be reduced considerably next season. But we'll ofc have to add Vitor Roque and whatever signings we'll make for the 2024/25 season.

a.png

Andresito

Staff member
Dumb question maybe, somebody please explain to me.

The lever money we received last year, what happens to it? AFAIK it's not used to pay debts or anything, just write it off as revenue in FFP, or am I missing something here?

JamDav1982

Apparently La Liga are discussing amendments to the FFP rules.

Allowing clubs to spread losses from covid over longer timeframe and taking future incomes into account.

Also allowing clubs the ability to have 'cash injections'.

Andresito

Staff member
Barça already assume that Libero Football Finance AG will not pay the €40m they owe for Barça Studios. The German fund bought 9.8% of the shares in the summer, but has not paid a single euro. The club are now looking for new investors. @QueThiJugues

Home of Barca Fans