FC Barcelona Finances

khaled_a_d

They would have influence but socios would have it more if we keep 51% in socios hands. Also they could make money. I am sure we wouldn't have a problem to get a buyer for 3-4 billion now but I'm not so sure that in 10 years will be the same. It works great in Bundesliga, why wouldn't it here?

I know but would that be enough to cover the club debt, stadium debt and invest enough to have a top squad? I don't think so.

The Liga title didn't change much in terms of marketability and cash influx. Nobody rate this Liga that highly.

La liga will keep Socios more satisfied, and that is what matters.
Club doesn't need to pay all debts if they sell something, no one does that anyway.

Messi983

The club will bet on increased revenue from new stadium along a less restricted rules that will happen once Tebas is off in 2024 along effect of Covid financial hit on books being decreased as time goes by. Then they will consider selling part of the club and very unlikely to reach 30% even.
We are Liga title holders, so it isn't exactly considered misery, not yet.

Tebas will stay for another mandate. I think until 2028. La Liga will probably be dead by then. ESL can't come soon enough.

JamDav1982

From a buyer's POV, what's the point of buying 49% of Barca if all the power will remain with the members? The new owner will pump in money for what? Either he wants influence or he wants to make money, just ask some PL clubs what they think about greedy owners.

Ratcliffe bought 25% of United and will also take responsibility for the football operations so he'll have a bit of influence, but I wonder how much freedom he'll actually have with the Glazers still there.

The vast majority of those that buy shares in clubs have less than 50%.

Why do any of them do it? They are not always looking for influence but to make money.

The other side of it is a lot of these middle east investors are looking for exposure more than making cash if that is road went down.

Laporta wont do it... he will do it in other ways by trying to strip as many assets as can so his term gets the money in and then others at later date have to deal with that hampering club to point other options are explored.

TheStig

La liga will keep Socios more satisfied, and that is what matters.
Club doesn't need to pay all debts if they sell something, no one does that anyway.

The league last season was important in a sense that without it we could go 10 years without a major trophy which could happen without last years title.

The whole situation around the club and socios is still not bad enough so they would agree to selling a part of the club but if Madrid starts to dominate in La Liga (it looks bad from our POW if they get Mbappe and other stars while we sign Romeu's and Lewa's) than in a few years even the socios will be fed up with bad results and they will be more open to selling.

serghei

The league last season was important in a sense that without it we could go 10 years without a major trophy which could happen without last years title.

The whole situation around the club and socios is still not bad enough so they would agree to selling a part of the club but if Madrid starts to dominate in La Liga (it looks bad from our POW if they get Mbappe and other stars while we sign Romeu's and Lewa's) than in a few years even the socios will be fed up with bad results and they will be more open to selling.

If the club is back to generate close to 1bn euros organically... and the last remains of Bartomeu's disaster-class dealings are cleared for good... then we can come back pretty strong. I'd say 2026/2027 season we could see a much improved situation.

But then, the inevitable is bound to happen, and the socios will elect a new Bartomeu-type. Rinse, and repeat. Nothing could stop a sale then.

JamDav1982

The point is if that league is worth 25 years of hit on Barcas finances.

Barca could have won league without them with good enough coaching.

A lot of those transfers last summer were too short term and missed clear gaps in squad that could have been better served.

serghei

Anyway, selling the club is far from being a tragedy. At the end of the day, Barcelona is a football club aspiring to be the best in Europe.

So, even the worst case scenario is nothing to be worried about in the grand scheme of things.

Some people actually think that Liverpool is not a special club or loved by Liverpool fans because they are owned by FSG group? :lol: Come on... it's irrelevant really. Just make sure you don't sell it to Qataris.

JamDav1982

Liverpool are not quite the same.

They have never been fan owned and their support have never have had anything like that which they feel makes them different.

Barca still sell themselves as fairly unique and fan owned and wear it as a badge of honour as well as a marketing ploy.

Also Liverpool wouldnt have to campaign for that investment in way Barca boards/presidents would during elections. Would be a much more public debate of what club stands for etc.

serghei

Wore it as badge of honour because we were fan owned AND highly successful. Being fan owned but not comparable to our rival clubs... that's not so appealing.

JamDav1982

Wore it as bad of honour because we were fan owned AND highly successful. Being fan owned but not comparable to other clubs... that's not so appealing.

No they still wear it as a badge of honour and say 'will never change on my watch' etc as if wont stoop to that to have better chance of winning.

Likes of Liverpool never had that or been fan owned. Always had owners who could put money in and have done it to different levels.

Windhook

The main difference between England and rest of Europe is the popularity worldwide. EPL can bring in the big money, Serie A gets the breadcrumbs.

La Liga to this day cannot agree on how rights should be managed. The CVC deal for example. There's no organization to create the brand. :lol:

JamDav1982

The main difference between England and rest of Europe is the popularity worldwide. EPL can bring in the big money, Serie A gets the breadcrumbs.

La Liga to this day cannot agree on how rights should be managed. The CVC deal for example. There's no organization to create the brand. :lol:

Barca and Real are as guilty as anyone for that lack of cohesion.. they have never really given much of a fuck for how league is seen as a whole and chances other teams have to exist at any decent level.

Until now... when EPL is leaving everyone behind and suddenly they try to get all to go along with them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It depends entirely on who you sell the club to. Most owners want profits, but some billionaires acquire a team simply because they're bored, because of the prestige, ego.

And then you have the states owning teams as well.

If someone as wild as Steve Ballmer were to acquire a 49% stake I don't think making more money off the club would be his first priority. Now he's too busy with the Clippers and probably not interested in football at all, but just putting an example forward.

What you definitely don't want to do is to sell to an investment bank, hedge fund, some "poor" local Catalan billionaires.

Windhook

Americans don't appreciate the game of soccer and don't care much for club culture or history. It's all for prestige as you said. And they have zero connection with the fanbase, you see the situation in EPL - majority of the big clubs are owned by US billionaires.

Arabs they invest all that money to sportswash their image and promote tourism. Now with Qatar 2022 WC gone, I expect some mediocre times for PSG as there is nothing more to promote on Qatar's agenda. Saudis will step up with the 2030 Saudi Vision program and invest for 2034 World Cup eventually.

Chinese Communist Party proxies called "billionaires" are the same shit. China and football? Since they suck at football the only thing that matters are the medal counts from Olympic games. Including other East Asian investors I feel sorry for Inter Milan, AC Milan and Valencia.

Russian oligarchs are the most dedicated with Abramovich and Rybolovlev (AS Monaco), but they are no longer welcomed in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans