Fernando Torres

P

PhilS

El Nino seems like a nice guy. I can hardly stand to watch him play these days. He is in a fog, one of the worst slumps I've ever seen, I don't know if he'll ever score again.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He had two good seasons, this is his career. Dunno why anyone expect him to be like, mmm... top striker?

THIS.

Torres was never a consistently world class striker. He had in his career two good seasons to speak of, one at Atleti which gave him his reputation to begin with, one at Liverpool. For the rest of his career he has been mediocre, injury prone, a turnover machine. It will probably only get worse as injuries seemed to have destroyed his athleticism. Just look at his record with the Spanish national team where he's famous for 1 goal.

He's better than he looks right now, but even calling him the Spanish Sheva is unfair - because Shevchenko was twice the player Torres was at his peak.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Has Carroll already scored for Liverpool?

No... but he scored for England, so at least the pressure isn't yet getting the better of him. He seems to be enjoying his time at Liverpool, partying with the big guns and all... Same can't be said of Torres!!

Home of Barca Fans