Fernando Torres

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He'd probably make up for at least half his value in T-shirt sales, so I guess that's a part of the reason why they weren't afraid to pay a fortune.

Robbie

The amount of chances we create and spurn he could hit 20 goals quite comfortably from now until May. He's eligible to play in Europe right now too.

The Mancs have slipped up - 7 points behind them if we win today against Liverpool. Man Utd have to go to Anfield, The Emirates and Stamford Bridge, plus play City and us at Old Trafford.

If results swing our way we could be top within the next few weeks. Watch this space, interesting times ahead.

Wow, and I thought I was delusional about our title chances. :lol:

The planets would have to align perfectly and all of the top 3 would have to royally screw up their entire season for Chelsea to even get 3rd place. Liverpool are playing with purpose now, and there's a much higher chance of them knocking your asses down to 5th than you lot getting higher than 4th in your shambles of a season. Keep dreaming.

Butaan4barca

:-D

Wow, and I thought I was delusional about our title chances. :lol:

The planets would have to align perfectly and all of the top 3 would have to royally screw up their entire season for Chelsea to even get 3rd place. Liverpool are playing with purpose now, and there's a much higher chance of them knocking your asses down to 5th than you lot getting higher than 4th in your shambles of a season. Keep dreaming.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
dannytwatsnando.gif

:D

fckedup.jpg

:D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well he's playing in the CL, and will be next year, so s'all not bad! He can go to another club once he's had enough of us. :lol:

woww.. u guys rly hate torres don't u? give him a break.. 1 thing we all know..it will take liverpool a loong time to win the league again..torres (he is already 27) just wants to win the league..wats wrong with that? he is one of the best strikers in the world.he did what was best for him..

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's not guaranteed Anton that you will be in the CL next year.

If manure take 4 or 6 points off of you then its very much game on for 4th spot.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There is also something as showing respect for the club but even more so for the fans that supported him through the years. Torres is no monster for leaving Liverpool but he's not far from a petty mercenary either.
Think Villa and amount of respect he still holds for Valencia. Not only is he a better striker, he's obviously a better character as well.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Different circumstances though Bojan.

I would say Villa left with the blessings of the Valencia supporters to further his career at Barca and as they were close to bankrupt was glad of the cash injection. I don't know for sure, but I would say they harbour no grudges against Villa, because he always gave it his all at Valencia and never sulked during his time there.

I wouldn't particularly hold a grudge against Torres, if he wanted to move on if he felt he was not moving in the right direction with us, but 2 things which has made us turn on torres big style:-

1) The timing of his transfer request

2) Bar manure he couldn't have chosen a worse club to join

If he had waited until the summer and went to Italy or Spain then no doubts he'd have our blessing to move on.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Because, it's Liverpool fans. HOW DARE HE LEAVE OUR FANTASTIC BEST CLUB OF ALL TIME EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T CONTEST FOR ANYTHING, THEY SHOULD STAY COS WE R SO KOOL.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
What a player, what a performance. When I watch him I feel I am watching Ranaldo in 97 with Barça.

PD: No, he is pathetic.

Home of Barca Fans