Franck Kessie

Barcilliant

He needs minutes. He's not going to gel with his team mates if he only gets 5-10 minutes here and there.
To me it's a mystery why Xavi wanted him. He loves his sloth biscuits and Gavi shouldn't be a starter. To me a midfield of Pedri,De Jong and Kessie is a no brainer.

Slevinn

Considering that all group cl games would be played from 6. September to early november there would be plenty of games for all players. Thats a massacre of schedule + world cup. Xavi needs to manage minutes wisely, and players shouldnt be idiots to insist on playing every minute, nor should they be angry getting subbed at 60', damn even at half time. Plenty of games my dude
This is also why I don?t want Aubameyang to go. No matter how fit Lewandowski is, he can?t play 90 minutes every game this season.
Having a big squad and players who don?t go the WC could be crucial this season.

gregorrin10

This is also why I don?t want Aubameyang to go. No matter how fit Lewandowski is, he can?t play 90 minutes every game this season.
Having a big squad and players who don?t go the WC could be crucial this season.

Yeah, another really good reason is Auba won't be going to the WC, but Depay will, just like Lewa. Would really like to see Depay leaving instead, but seems we can't sell him for 20M sadly. And even if that report about United willing to pay 10M is true, it probably wouldn't be enough to register Kounde right away, much less get a RB in.

Birdy

Had a great game!

Had misunderstood this guy due to lack of common passing skills necessary at Barca.
But:
He was everywhere tonight.
His understanding of where he needs to be during transitions (offensive and defensive!) is immense!
Always in the correct space to either receive or intercept/cover a counter.
It's like playing with 12 players. Or because with Busi and Alba we play with less, it's like playing with 11 players again...

For me, he should start next to Pedri and Busi (because Xavi ain't dropping his pivot)

jamrock

I'm really liking the spaces he takes up when he plays, want to see him start a game, but not yet I guess.

feggydinho

Not gonna go crazy with anyone's performance today, but I really like his game.

What i see from him is this (passes back most of the time, defends well, and tends to always position himself in the box). Got an eye of a goal though but not really seeing creative stuff from him

Birdy

He has exceptional awareness of space and where to be in both offensive and defensive transitions

I would play him over Gavi in many games, and in general 1 position to be contested between the two.
Frenkie cannot play that way

Windhook

I was about to post a comment here yesterday about him (somehow I quit commenting and deleted my post), being on the stands in 2018 watching Kessie live in the stands during Ludogorets Razgrad - AC Milan match, round 16 knockout phase of Europa League. My hometown team lost the game 0-3, but I witnessed a beast in Kessie.

I don't remember any of the goals Milan scored in that game, but I remember my jaw dropping by Kessie's prowess, how astonished I was by his defensive effort in midfield.

Once he adapts to Barca style it's going to be great. IMO a great free signing.

fergus90

He has exceptional awareness of space and where to be in both offensive and defensive transitions

I would play him over Gavi in many games, and in general 1 position to be contested between the two.
Frenkie cannot play that way

He is fantastic positionally. Does the type of work that would go largely unnoticed too. Will be a fantastic free transfer I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans