Franck Kessie

Porque

I still don't think he is a problem. If Kessie wasn't being played then in these situations we would have brought on Pjanic, Puig or Nico. Now Nico could have done the job but he wanted more opportunities, and he is not taking them yet at Valencia. Plus he more often than not lacked when coming on as a sub and having to adapt to the game pace for us.

Obviously Xavi is a little disappointed as he only has 328 minutes so far which is less than half of the next midfielder. But let's see how he is towards the end of the season.

Again perspective is needed, pay 40-50m and we have every right to be disappointed, but on a free. Good business.

fergus90

Xavi cannot be blamed for Kessie’s poor first touch and lethargy. But the season is still young and he’s new to the club so there is time. If not, he will have suitors in the summer.

JohnN

I maintain my opinion for him that was compiled in the first few appearances.
Just like I said about Wijnaldum from minimal clips I saw of him, you don't need a big sample to understand Kessie's limitations.
Only if other users weren't so full of themselves and had that attitude of "Oh dUDe yOu DoN't unDerStANd foOtBaLl".

fergus90

I was going to say the same thing. He hid from the ball or just constantly looked for contact so he could go down and win a cheap foul.

malvolio

I believe this was a Douglas type of transfer. I refuse to think Xavi or board thought that he is a decent player.

I should start scouting if it's true.

ajnotkeith

I believe this was a Douglas type of transfer. I refuse to think Xavi or board thought that he is a decent player.

Xavi personally called him and convinced him to sign months before his contract with Milan ended apparently.

JamDav1982

Aye and you though Lenglet was better than Aruajo, Pique still a top CB, Buis is hard done by even now. Alba is treated unfairly.

Top scouting.

Infact just call every signing/young player is shit and then claim right on them if fail is reality.

Home of Barca Fans