Franck Kessie

mc_lovin

He’s okay on the ball, but neither adds pace or intensity which you usually want from a sub. Sell him an get Diaz for a 3rd of his fee. Looks much more energetic and a vastly better ball carrier as well.

behindbrowneyes

Well, you need more than 11 players in a squad and he is just that. A solid player you can sub in last 30 minutes. He is okay, but not needed if Nico comes back. Guess he is rather expensive given that he joined on a free transfer, so let's see if he can be sold with that salary.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, you need more than 11 players in a squad and he is just that. A solid player you can sub in last 30 minutes. He is okay, but not needed if Nico comes back. Guess he is rather expensive given that he joined on a free transfer, so let's see if he can be sold with that salary.

Nico will probably be sold too. Most likely Ruben Neves will be his replacement.

Richard.H

He's gone, didn't really bring much to the team. I think he will go back to Serie A where he's a perfect fit with his slow style. La Liga is too quick and too technical for him.

delancey

But that seems to be where Xavi excels. That is slowing down the tempo of the game, thus neutralizing the momentum of the opposition. We certainly do not set the tempo 9 times out of 10.

vuji_31

sport.es says liverpool is offering 35mil.

Take it and run. Hope so we sell him to PL not to cheap broke Italians who will offer us 3 jumbo pizzas, Gaggliardini an 10k euro on 5 years span.

Porque

Pool close to signing Mac Allister. It's prob just the paper trying to sell the pump.

Can you imagine Klopp trying to get Kessie to sprint around!

Reckon more likely he heads back to Italy at a much lower fee, or that the EPL clubs interested would be the Fulhams and Crystal Palace's.

vuji_31

Well he took Arthur on loan, so it says all.

Hope so Newcastle, United or Tottenham are interested. We need cash.

Kessie off, Gundo signs new contract with City and we get Gabri Viega.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Neves for Kessie would not be the worst deal if we also save some on the wage bill and/or get some cashmoney in-between...

Messi983

Pool close to signing Mac Allister. It's prob just the paper trying to sell the pump.

Liverpool are rebuilding their midfield and will sign one or very likely even two more midfielders besides Kevin. Doubt Kessie is on their shortlist though.

Tbh If our plan is to sell Kessie and replace him with Neves I prefer to keep Franck. I know we would benefit from a FFP perspective even if transfer fees would be something similar but not from a sporting standpoint because I think we would just be looking to offload Neves within a year or two after figuring out he's not what we need.

Kessie is a useful player but should be played closer to opponent goal to get the best out of him. Looks like Xavi has figured that out lately in the season. Not a starter but can add something different from the bench so unless get a really good offer (not stupid swap deals with Inter please) I'd keep him.

Neves's best role would probably be in the current FDJ position and spending 30m to be a backup for a player who is almost always available is not smart use of resources imo. Unless we won't find a better option (which is possible) and will have to play Frenkie in a Busi role I just don't see a reason to bring Neves. But then again I don't see Neves-FDJ working in a double pivot either and Neves is clearly not a DM. Would be better of just playing FDJ-Pedri there as they already had in some games (when Busi was subbed out) this season. Should definitely be enough against most La Liga teams.

Sooke

Best option will be to extend his loan spell with Lecce for another three years at a lower rate, which may accommodate the Italian team.

Home of Barca Fans