Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

He always played best in a double pivot or some variation of that, which is why ETH wanted him at man utd & he would have done great there.

Issue will be if next season after xavi potentially gets a LF & start playing a more traditional 4-3-3, if he can excell in that setup as well.

JamDav1982

FDJ was MOTM and Barca best mid in many games this season before it went to four mids... at both DM and CM.

Can still play a 433 with one sitting and ont with more freedom to get up and down as well as another more AM.

If Xavi moves back to a sole DM formation and Gavi at CM and thinks that is better than FDJ in midfield more fool him.. but he wont.

JamDav1982

De Paul, yikes.

Some games that lad cannot play a simple 5 yard pass.

He was like that in majority of games in WC. Towards point folk were thinking he couldnt handle the pressure or was injured.

Got better towards end of it and decent in final but FDJ was far better player than De Paul at the World Cup let alone club football.

soul24rage

I don't get the comparison of FDJ and De Paul as they are both different types of players with different roles in midfield.

Think they compliment well together actually depending on the midfield structure.

xXKonan

FoSkWe4WIAMY7kk

FDJ's girl. :lol:

Neeraj

This guy has always been class. Great stamina and running, good ball control, the odd good asssist, can drive with the ball, and just a no fuss player. For me, he's the fulcrum around whom we build. Gavi and Pedri are still very young, let's see the level they settle at in a season or so.

Having said that, I do think he needs to shoot from distance more. He often gets into positions where he can take a crack at goal but doesn't. Adding that to his game will add an element of surprise and potentially open up gaps for him to dink balls into when he's at the edge of the box. While I say this, it's very likely Xavi doesn't want him to shoot given that a turnover with him shooting would lead to a counter-attack with him out of position so there's that....

Kul_z

Cant believe mofos actually think some punks like fabian ruiz could do the thing for our midlefield. Fdj is a fucking space ship for that clueless spanish clown

vuji_31

Fabian Ruiz is trash.

We need to lower wage bill by 200mil or we are done, so that's why people are talking about selling him.
He will be sold or this cat will need to lower contract or sign renewal with lowered wage for year or two, and then get money, or we will be selling players underwear after game.

Sailor Mars

Great 1st half. He has had a great stretch the past several games. Much better when Xavi isn't shoehorning him and expecting him to try and be a 1 for 1 Busquets replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans