Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

^ also think that's closer to reality. If Barca doesn't offer him similar numbers, he'll prefer PSG.

Trickykid

If the rumors about him preferring P$G because of commissions are true, he can fuck right off to the Qatari prison and rot there.

cro-man

If the rumors about him preferring P$G because of commissions are true, he can fuck right off to the Qatari prison and rot there.

Why surprised? His father already told it has to be seen if we can compete financially and played down his interest by saying the climate is nice here. They have basically no midfield except verratti so they will promise him a starting place and we cant and wont.

Trickykid

I mean its obvious that we have to offer a similar salary

Are you telling me that whenever two clubs are in for a player, he always picks the one who offers the highest pay?
Unless we really believe he's the generational talent many in here do, we should offer whatever is reasonable and not let us be blackmailed on account of a state run shit stain of a club like P$G.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Are you telling me that whenever two clubs are in for a player, he always picks the one who offers the highest pay?
Unless we really believe he's the generational talent many in here do, we should offer whatever is reasonable and not let us be blackmailed on account of a state run shit stain of a club like P$G.
Nope. He would still choose us as long as our offer is competitive. Which I fully expect.

Trickykid

Nope. He would still choose us as long as our offer is competitive. Which I fully expect.

I honestly can't imagine our offer won't be competitive either, so yeah, take it or leave it.
I guess it all boils down to how much one rates him. If he's the second coming of Busi, I wouldn't mind paying over the top, but I really don't think he is.

Jair Ventura

I honestly can't imagine our offer won't be competitive either, so yeah, take it or leave it.
I guess it all boils down to how much one rates him. If he's the second coming of Busi, I wouldn't mind paying over the top, but I really don't think he is.

Maybe he just prefers Paris?

El Flaco

sup guys, followed most of this thread. Decided to register to give my 2 cents from an Ajax point of view

1. Frenkie is the real deal, generational talent. He does some stuff that you simply don't see often. Like he 'invented' a new role on the field. Dribbling from defense instead of passing. No tiki taka Xavi plays but tearing up midfields by walking past offensive midfielders who typically would prevent the DM from distributing the ball. He seems to take bizarre risks from time to time but hardly ever loses the ball. He passes 80% forward but plays backwards when he has no real options forward. What amazes me the most is how he always seems to make the correct choice. Also when he can pass the ball forward but that player is not in a favorable position he might decide to pass wide. Very impressive

2. One major concern would be the pressure. He seems all smiley and chill, good in front of the camera. No tattoos, same gf since 2014 etc. but there is a MAJOR difference playing for Ajax as, effectively, a youth player and being a 75m marquee signing at Barca.

3. Overmars has developed into a very, very shrewed manager. He attanged the PSG meeting in a public place with Maxwell present. Had the Ajax newspaper Telegraaf take pictures (or have some intern do it who 'leaked' it to the newspaper). That way he opened the bidding war big time. Nobody wants to miss out. The bottom price is set etc. He abused the newspaper a bit by making them present it as a done deal while only the clubs agreed.

4. Ajax wants to deal NOW. We will likely get eliminated by Real Madrid. By summer the hype is cooled down , injury risks, form dip etc. In June everybody will be talking about another player, who played CL (semi) finals.

5. Of course Frenkie prefers barca over PSG. Everything in him screams barca. However, form a tactical point of view, like that PSG dude pointed out, he might be a great fit at PSG.

In summary: 75m+ is the hyped up max price but you might end up with a player who will become part of the new core of Barca for years to come. As Barca, it seems worth the risk. Better take some risks then to buy a 50m player who will never, ever, become a superstar.

Ajax are by the way in a ridiclous trong financial situation. They have over 150m in their accounts. Their current squad is worth 300M+. 60M CL profits as of yet. Their annual turnover is +/- 100m. Its like Barca having 2 billion or something like that

:goodpost:

Welcome to BarcaForum mate! :)

Jombi

Agree, but 10m shouldn't be what is separating us IMO.

Yeah, but it adds up. And 75m reported now can end up with real world price of 75m++. Final price 80m+15m in very easy variables? We shouldnt be held hostage for him. There are other options out there and we shouldnt be desperate.

SeloBarca

De Jong is a huge Barcelona fanboy, more than most here even, so his choice would be Barcelona.
But Ajax probably wants to milk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans