Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Scott

From our point of view of course it would make sense to tie him to a deal now. Who wouldn't want that?
I was talking from Ajax' perspective because they have nothing to lose by selling him in the summer. Maybe in case he picks a serious injury but I doubt they think about that atm. But if De Jong really wants his situation to be clear in this winter then it could happen, obviously.
By doing a deal now but occurring in the summer it is a bit of insurance for both parties. If De Jong sucks against Real or gets injured, Ajax stands to lose a lot. If they knock out Real and he is the best midfielder on the pitch Barca's (or PSG's) expense could go way up. Takes out some risk by both parties to agree to it now. Also let's De Jong play the biggest Ajax matches in a long time (not like he would be able to just plug into Barca midseason) and then bid goodbye. Getting ahead of the deal also helps both parties plan better--unlike the Neymar, Griezmann sagas.
Rabiot -> Barca
FdJ -> Barca
Rakitic -> PSG
I think this would good moves all around, but I don't know if the egos of the brass would allow for it.
I refuse to believe De Jong is that dumb. A talent like him could get the whole package, top salary, one of the greatest clubs, top league, 98.000 people who get to watch him play, follow the footsteps of his idol, Cruyff, El Clasico at least twice a season guaranteed...
Sometimes deals and moves are truly up in the air. Of course we want him to play for Barca, and he may want to, but sometimes you have to take your next best choice. I wouldn't count out the Manchester clubs either. There are money factors, language factors, competition for playing roles, TV factors, city factors, lots of things. Of course 99% of professional athletes I would think would want Barcelona or Paris (or London or Liverpool), but there could be the 1% that wants to live on a farm, visit the rural pubs with bad beer, and mingle with the Brexiters in Manchester.
I am hopeful for Barca but I am not going to pretend these are easy decisions and other clubs/cities/situations just plain suck and are not worth consideration, see Neymar, Griezmann. Ok of the big boys, everyone can agree Real just sucks and how could anyone be so distasteful, but after one should be able to see different points of view. This is surely a dynamic situation, if the guys with jobs on the line and many millions at stake can be patient, surely fans can. Not much choice for us fans other than wait.

KingLeo10

if we made a reasonable offer and this guy chose QSG over us, then I'm going to have a hard time not taking the piss out of him when he inevitably goes home in Feb. :lol:

Newcomer

[tw]1083508559030206464[/tw]

His girlfriend posted this today.

It might be over.

She was with a female friend on a girls tour.
Prolly enjoying themselves and shopping around.
His girlfriend like fashion and would even like to develop her own brand.

So, it is quite normal she likes Paris. Still, it would be marginal on his final choice.
This has nothing to do with his potential move.

cro-man

[tw]1083508559030206464[/tw]

His girlfriend posted this today.

It might be over.

Considering the timing this could be the answer. Would be wierd if she sends a picture of paris just in middle of decision between barca and paris just for fun and not for a sign.

Newcomer

Some parisian guys are saying he Will come with his family to Paris the 18 th.

But well, they popped up for this transfer so no reliability.

Givenchy

i might get lynched for this but looking at how were being run right now.. i don't blame him if he chooses PSGs project. even if we put the money aside, hes guarenteed to be a starter under a manager who values youth. sure, Frankie is a big Barca fan but that was Peps Barca.. not this shithouse we are now.

imagine: shit loads of money, getting to play with Neymar, Mbappe.. nice city AND guarenteed a spot in the first 11.. we can't offer him that as EVs bumboys Raki+Busi are guarenteed starters despite how shit they play.

we will continue to lose our pull on players the longer we keep this negative manager. look at United as an example, they have all the money in the world and could blow most teams out the water in terms of finance BUT no top talent wants to join them so they end up with average high priced players and alot of that is down to Mourinho.. it'll take a few years to shake that off

Newcomer

Considering the timing this could be the answer. Would be wierd if she sends a picture of paris just in middle of decision between barca and paris just for fun and not for a sign.

They are mundane.

She post pictures of Jamaica and New-York too.

Doesn't mean, he will move there.

She is the type of people to put everywhere they go on instagram.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I would not be surprised if he does choose PSG.

I would not be too pissed if he does, as long as we get other quality midfielders.

Porque

1. Frenkie is the real deal, generational talent. He does some stuff that you simply don't see often. Like he 'invented' a new role on the field. Dribbling from defense instead of passing. No tiki taka Xavi plays but tearing up midfields by walking past offensive midfielders who typically would prevent the DM from distributing the ball. He seems to take bizarre risks from time to time but hardly ever loses the ball.

Not so new. It is called the Adama Traore Denilson de la Finidi George.

[MENTION=23571]Ajax[/MENTION] welcome to the forum. Great post, Stick around

VN10

Objectively, carreer wise, PSG is the right move. He will 100% become a starter.

But as a native Dutch guy, basically all of us love Barcelona, I'm pretty convinced that he wants to play for Barca and with Messi.
The only problem is going to be game time. He won't get that much play time with Barca I'm afraid.

If he values being a starter more than playing with Messi - he can always play for Barca in the future, but not with Messi, Messi is the deciding factor - then we are doomed.

Andresito

Staff member
Short term, PSG is the best move. But PSG is not a club you'd like to spend your entire career at.

Barca is a long term club, and sooner or later he'll become a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans