Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Its not impressive that our wage bill is several hundred million euros more than other top clubs while we dont have the highest revenues.

We're also a non-profit organization with no private shareholders. All the profits made by club can be re-invested back into the club.

Our revenue model differs from other clubs so saying we don't have the highest revenues is not as big of a problem revenue allocation varies based on the structure of the organization.

Look at Arsenal, they have huge revenues, but their private shareholders are more interested in profiting off the revenues than investing it into the club.

Newcomer

The big increase in wage bill this past year has probably something to do with Coutinho’s and Dembele’s signing, I suppose these two are earning top money. Messi is only part of the story, even if you take Messi out we are still paying way too much money in terms of average salary, more than any other football clubs. We really have to rein in our wage bill and stop promising and giving players more money than they would have earned at other elite clubs.

This explains why we have all of sudden becoming quite stingy when it comes to transfers, and we can’t promise the likes of De Jong as much as what PSG offers them in terms of salary. But then again, why are we offering Rabiot so much?

No transfer fee.

Already did an example with BBZ hypothetical numbers. Rabiot would be 50% cheaper for FFP and you would need to sell him for 10 M or less to be level or do a benefice on him for FFP.

Basically, Rabiot is a young and good player with almost no risk involved financially.

Nothanks

it will be interesting to see how the wages look in 3 years

when suarez, busquets, pique should be near retirement and maybe messi opting to move to back to argentina.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No transfer fee.

Already did an example with BBZ hypothetical numbers. Rabiot would be 50% cheaper for FFP and you would need to sell him for 10 M or less to be level or do a benefice on him for FFP.

Basically, Rabiot is a young and good player with almost no risk involved financially.

I disagree with you on the last sentence but I digress.

The way I see it, we are offering Rabiot so much money partly because he is supposed to be a free transfer (we will see about that) and partly because Rabiot is demanding such and we succumb to his demand. The club is soooo short-sighted. If we give him so much money like that the other players would demand something on par with that when they renew, the same can be said of new players we sign. It becomes a vicious circle.

I am more than ever thinking we need a brand new management that will put to end to all of this, at least reining in. The current management does not appear to be capable of doing that.

Jombi

We're also a non-profit organization with no private shareholders. All the profits made by club can be re-invested back into the club.

Our revenue model differs from other clubs so saying we don't have the highest revenues is not as big of a problem revenue allocation varies based on the structure of the organization.

Look at Arsenal, they have huge revenues, but their private shareholders are more interested in profiting off the revenues than investing it into the club.

We shouldnt kid ourselves here. A wage bill of above 85% of revenue is an issue. PSG number two on the wage bill at several hundred million euros less than us? RM? Where are they?

Last edited:

Jombi

Rabiot is a risk if he flops for us when he's earning more with us than Pogba, De Bruyne and Kane make. I cant see any EPL team wanting to make him the highest earner in the league.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

How reliable is this report anyway? I mean many other reports stated that we have highest wage bill but non has put such differnce

Sorin

Yeah, last I checked we were around 480m in wages. Still huge mind you, but now, half a year later, we are at 550m?

What?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Do you have any information on what clubs of various ownership structures do with their net profit?

In the case of Arsenal, are you saying they pay out dividends instead of investing the profit on the club?

Devils

We shouldnt kid ourselves here. A wage bill of above 85% of revenue is an issue. PSG number two on the wage bill at several hundred million euros less than us? RM? Where are they?

That's not how finance works.

Revenues and cost structures are evaluated and projected annually at organizations, usually for the period of 5-10 years. It's much more likely that the club has a planned allocation of revenues for this wage structure over for the next few years but also expects the wage cost to decrease when Messi, Busi, Pique, Suarez are all phased out of the club.

This is from our official financial report

Untitled.jpg

The club's financial status relative to revenues and wages doesn't look like a big problem.

Jombi

That's not how finance works.

Revenues and cost structures are evaluated and projected annually at organizations, usually for the period of 5-10 years. It's much more likely that the club has a planned allocation of revenues for this wage structure over for the next few years but also expects the wage cost to decrease when Messi, Busi, Pique, Suarez are all phased out of the club.

This is from our official financial report

View attachment 8167

The club's financial status relative to revenues and wages doesn't look like a big problem.

A wage bill of almost twice what our competitors have is not a problem? If this is true, then its us, not the rest that are ruining the market.

Devils

Do you have any information on what clubs of various ownership structures do with their net profit?

In the case of Arsenal, are you saying they pay out dividends instead of investing the profit on the club?

Read at the annual reports of the club:

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club...ic-plan/commissions-and-bodies/annual-reports

I don't know what the structure is at Arsenal, all I know is that it is clear the club isn't investing a significant portion of their revenues back into the club.

Devils

A wage bill of almost twice what our competitors have is not a problem? If this is true, then its us, not the rest that are ruining the market.

Again, why are you comparing Barcelona's revenue allocation with other clubs? Does it not make sense to you that different clubs operate with different cost structures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans