Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

It's unfair to judge La Masia like that. How many of the world's best 10 clubs regularly produce players for their starting 11?

If Barca is smart, they should seek a deal with Ajax/PSV for loaning players that benifit both Barca and Ajax/PSV. Ajax/PSV do no want players like Cuenca who already proved that they are worthless.
It means loaning our best talents to Ajax/PSV for first team experience. You can't have your biggest talents sitting around from 18-20 playing for Barca B and only be subbed in 3 or 4 times per season. When they are in their 18-21's they should play as much as possible on a good first team level. Not on a second team without any pressure.

For example Puig, he should've already been playing regularly for a team like Ajax or PSV if we want him to become useful for Barca.

No thanks

We will buy/ develop our own talents you cant even afford anymore (hehe)

I can imagine ajax BUYING a player like Puig when he realizes he wont get a decent chance for starting position and refuses to renew. We can afford 20m nowdays (or tomorrowdays)

Onana for example fits that example. All be it for 300k. No need to 'waste' a valuable asset (starting position at ajax/psv) to increase the value of assets that are not ours

Jombi

Would add Rafinha as well, injuries has destroyed his career but he was always improving here.
Roberto too
Is Alba from this "era"?

Ajax and PSV won't be interested in players who aren't their commodity unless it is filling a stop gap like Cuenca/Bojan.
Clubs who are interested in such agreements are usually mid-table clubs, clubs who aren't making it to CL.

Do Dortmund have a buy option on Hakimi? If not, he's not their commodity.

khaled_a_d

Do Dortmund have a buy option on Hakimi? If not, he's not their commodity.

How many of those loans did BVB do? How many of those have been done with RM? And he fits the description of "filling a stop gap" for BVB
Every club out there will do a loan from time to time even Barca has done it before and doing it now.
I am not against loans, but Ajax,,PSV,BVB won't do a partnership to develop your players. Mid table teams are more open for that, because they know they are getting players on level of talents they can't buy, and are usually less able to ask for expensive fees when they sell their talents. Unlike Ajax,BVB etc. They know they can find talents like Puig somewhere, whom they can control and sell for insane prices (etc FDJ himself)

Jombi

How many of those loans did BVB do?

I dont know, but they seem to be open to loaning players without having a buy option. I dont think a "partnership" is needed. Just loan players to teams that will use the player. Dortmund probably think their team will improve and they have a bigger chance of success if they do and winning is also important, not only selling players for profits.

khaled_a_d

I dont know, but they seem to be open to loaning players without having a buy option. They probably think their team will improve and they have a bigger chance of success if they do and winning is also important, not only selling players for profits.

Not disagreeing here, but remember the post that started that conversation:

they should seek a deal with Ajax/PSV for loaning players that benifit both Barca and Ajax/PSV.

PSV and Ajax won't seek such deal, if they are highly interested in a player from La Masia they can't buy they will surely reach us anyway. But it is always the receiving club that initiates this talks, at least if you want the player to get playing time. And it is up for the club that owns the player to accept best offer.

RM is a club that I always praised for their loans, because they always accepts the offer they know that will benefit the player. Espanyol, Gladbach,BVB,Porto among others are players that RM has been able to make a successful loan to. They didn't strike a deal with anyone, they were able to judge every case by itself and sent players to different places, but in every case they knew what they were doing.
For us I think only Rafinha and to lesser extent denis was the right loans for prospect development.

Jombi

Not disagreeing here, but remember the post that started that conversation:

PSV and Ajax won't seek such deal, if they are highly interested in a player from La Masia they can't buy they will surely reach us anyway. But it is always the receiving club that initiates this talks, at least if you want the player to get playing time. And it is up for the club that owns the player to accept best offer.

RM is a club that I always praised for their loans, because they always accepts the offer they know that will benefit the player. Espanyol, Gladbach,BVB,Porto among others are players that RM has been able to make a successful loan to. They didn't strike a deal with anyone, they were able to judge every case by itself and sent players to different places, but in every case they knew what they were doing.
For us I think only Rafinha and to lesser extent denis was the right loans for prospect development.

But didnt Inter have a buy option on Rafinha?

We should be able to loan players to PSV, Ajax, Dortmund or whatever team is interested in a good player on the cheap to improve their team, even if they play in the CL and wont get a buy option.

Devils

Truly impressive how high our wage bill is when you also consider how much money we've spent on transfers.

Incredible how FC Barcelona's market growth is developed over the past few decades.

May it long continue!

Jombi

Truly impressive how high our wage bill is when you also consider how much money we've spent on transfers.

Incredible how FC Barcelona's market growth is developed over the past few decades.

May it long continue!

Its not impressive that our wage bill is several hundred million euros more than other top clubs while we dont have the highest revenues.

Ajax

But didnt Inter have a buy option on Rafinha?

We should be able to loan players to PSV, Ajax, Dortmund or whatever team is interested in a good player on the cheap to improve their team, even if they play in the CL and wont get a buy option.

with a buy option its always possible but it defeats the purpose from your side. If its a succes we buy the player. If not, we send him back and you have 'damaged' player. If he is so-so we bench him for a player of our own with similar or lesser skills.

We did this with Milik. On loan for a few 100k with an option for 3.5m. He was a hit. So we bought him and sold him in the summer for 32m. If he failed, we had send him back...

Only players we might be interested in is a player like Vermaelen or Vidal when we would lack class in that position and the player is not necessary at Barca..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The big increase in wage bill this past year has probably something to do with Coutinho’s and Dembele’s signing, I suppose these two are earning top money. Messi is only part of the story, even if you take Messi out we are still paying way too much money in terms of average salary, more than any other football clubs. We really have to rein in our wage bill and stop promising and giving players more money than they would have earned at other elite clubs.

This explains why we have all of sudden becoming quite stingy when it comes to transfers, and we can’t promise the likes of De Jong as much as what PSG offers them in terms of salary. But then again, why are we offering Rabiot so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans