Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We paid what we can afford, based on the money we generate, and allowed a Barca fan and a talented midfielder raised in the Barca spirit to play at his favorite club. Everybody is happy. Except PSG who got put in their place.

That's the real story here. Rest is pretty much speculations, closer or farther from the said truth I wrote above.

I don't think PSG can't afford the money we paid for De Jong, why they didn't match ours I have no idea, might have something to do with FPP me thinks?

serghei

There is a point to be made about continued negotiation fuckups if that reported salary of 13-16m net proves to be true.

That said at least you're doing something. It will cause rivals to step up and try to match the strategy if FDJ introduction succeeds on paper. It probably will not this season, no room for him among that midfield, but for years to come? Sure.

The supposed salary of 16m. net is an incredible fabrication.

Madrid will flex their muscles soon on the market, just like Barcelona has been doing lately. They would've done that sooner but they struck gold in CL in recent years and that was enough to allow them to overlook the weaknesses in their team.

Devils

Seems like everyone from Overmars to Koeman were all pressing for him to sign to Barca.

[tw]1088153091755646976[/tw]

Our club has unbelievable influence FFS.

Jombi

There is a point to be made about continued negotiation fuckups if that reported salary of 13-16m net proves to be true.

We shouldnt believe everything we read though. Its like BBZ just yesterday attacking De Jong for being a coward with attitude problems because De Jong supposedly was afraid of Barcelona's competition in midfield. Then he signs for Barcelona today...

16m net is far more than Suarez, our second best paid player. It makes zero sense and would immediately cause a flood of demands from the agents of our star players.

Sorin

[tw]1088151884618178560[/tw]

Incredible ffsss.

The boy reached his dream.

On one hand I get that Barcelona, currently, is the ultimate version of Ajax style wise. not under Valverde but in general and I absolutely love it.

However, I really like Ajax and it's kinda sad to see them being a selling club. I would so rather them be able to keep on their talented youngsters for once and become the legendary club that they are once again. Would love to see them compete in the final stages of the CL. Instead we get to see the likes of PSG and City.

El Gato

Villarato!
16m net is far more than Suarez, our second best paid player. It makes zero sense and would immediately cause a flood of demands from the agents of our star players.

Like I said, it only matters if it screws the wage ladder more than necessary. If he moves up to being 4th or 5th highest earner on the team then something's not right.

The signing of a guy that young and handing him keys to the kingdom in the most important formation on the pitch is still a wee bit of a gamble, though not exactly a terrible one. Frenkie needs support in behind him, the narrative of him being a 1 to 1 Busi replacement are dodgy. If it's done to phase out Rakitić in time then sure, but you'll still need a proper pivot. Vidal is too old to do all the tackling and all the covering.

God Serena

Wait, I'm confused here. The narrative amongst a good portion of this forum's users back when De Jong allagedly had decided on P$G, was that our sporting project is horrible, and no sane young player would play under EV.

I'm guessing the excuse is that we can only lure players like De Jong if we pay over the top wages, bonuses and so on right?

...are we still turning into AC Milan v.2 any day now?

Or, perhaps, and this is just me spitballing here, but maybe...

People were just... mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans