Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Regardless of what people speculate about PSG on the internet, City are in fact looking like they are in deep trouble due to their financial dealings.

UEFA even confirmed they might be looking at a European ban.

I very much doubt that FFP had nothing to do with it.

serghei

Seriously, I don't think we need to exaggerate making fun of PSG like that. I mean, it was pretty obvious that if we were gonna up our financial offer, they wouldn't stand a chance. I mean, come on, Barcelona is several levels above PSG.

I wouldn't worry about our finances either. We're basically monsters in world football right now, probably the most popular team out there. Our revenue is going up. As long as that happens we can cope with expenses going up too, as the margin for profit remains the same. We mostly have to make sure we're not spending more than we make, as that would make us operating at a loss, which could be worrying if it becomes a trend, because we'd be forced to accumulate more debt from banks. High revenue and high investments is pretty normal for a sporting entity which targets performances and titles, not primarily financial gain.

The deal will look good or bad depending on the player. I believe he will deliver.

In the mean time, we have Arthur and De Jong. It's unbelievable potential. You add Dembele to that list and those are 3 players who can soon be the face of the new Barcelona for years to come. Make a new generation of Barca fans happy as well as give new joys for the older ones.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Seriously, I don't think we need to exaggerate making fun of PSG like that. I mean, it was pretty obvious that if we were gonna up our financial offer, they wouldn't stand a chance. I mean, come on, Barcelona is several levels above PSG.

I wouldn't worry about our finances. We're basically monsters in world football right now, probably the most popular team out there. Our revenue is going up. As long as that happens we can cope with expenses going up too, as the margin for profit remains the same. We mostly have to make sure we're not spending more than we make. High revenue and high investments is pretty normal for a sporting entity which targets performances and titles, not primarily financial gain.

The deal will look good or bad depending on the player. I believe he will deliver.

In the mean time, we have Arthur and De Jong. It's unbelievable potential. You add Dembele to that list and those are 3 players who can soon be the face of the new Barcelona for years to come. Make a new generation of Barca fans happy as well as give new joys for the older ones.

Barca being “several levels above” has nothing to do with it. You paid more than Ajax requested and they accepted, on top of the reported €16m salary. Simple as that.

serghei

Barca being “several levels above” has nothing to do with it. You paid more than Ajax requested and they accepted, on top of the reported €16m salary. Simple as that.

We paid what we can afford, based on the money we generate, and allowed a Barca fan and a talented midfielder raised in the Barca spirit to play at his favorite club. Everybody is happy. Except PSG who got put in their place.

That's the real story here. Rest is pretty much speculations, closer or farther from the said truth I wrote above.

Jair Ventura

We paid what we can afford and allowed a Barca fan to play at his favorite club. Everybody is happy. Except PSG who got put in their place.

I honestly don’t understand why some of you obsess over PSG, but Barca offered €11m more in fee and a higher salary. It’s only natural that FDJ and Ajax accepted.

Joan

I cant imagine the 10m+6m bonus is net, so its about 8-9m net incl bonuses.

From that Sport article: De Jong's arrival will be felt financially given, according to Goal, he is set to earn 16 million euros net per year.

I'm yet to see other reports.

serghei

I honestly don’t understand why some of you obsess over PSG, but Barca offered €11m more in fee and a higher salary. It’s only natural that FDJ and Ajax accepted.

Do you see me hanging around PSG's forums? I like PSG because they are a constant source of amusement. It's only natural to like funny things. And PSG are funny. If you like to have a laugh when you hear a good joke, you have to like PSG.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From that Sport article: De Jong's arrival will be felt financially given, according to Goal, he is set to earn 16 million euros net per year.

I'm yet to see other reports.

Well, they also said he was going to cost 90m. Also Sport said Barcelona spoke to Setien about Boateng, but Setien denied it today.

Joan

PSG should get g.o.a.l.c.o.m treatment on this board. It's tiring. It's got its thread.
Well, they also said he was going to cost 90m. Also Sport said Barcelona spoke to Setien about Boateng, but Setien denied it today.
True. Do you have some other numbers?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I wouldn't worry about our finances either. We're basically monsters in world football right now, probably the most popular team out there. Our revenue is going up. As long as that happens we can cope with expenses going up too, as the margin for profit remains the same. We mostly have to make sure we're not spending more than we make, as that would make us operating at a loss, which could be worrying if it becomes a trend, because we'd be forced to accumulate more debt from banks. High revenue and high investments is pretty normal for a sporting entity which targets performances and titles, not primarily financial gain.

Revenues wise we are still behind Real Madrid and possibly Manchester United (we will confirm it in the upcoming Deloitte Money League Report coming out next week or so), yet we are spending more than them and our net profit has been dwindling for years (11m last season), I would not be surprised that we are in the red territory next year. The thing is, we have a lot of debt right now (somewhere around 500m) which might not even include the debt we will likely get from the Espai Project (At least 200m would need to come from our own financing). The financial picture of our club is not very rosy at all. Bartomeu's recent move to raise the borrowing/debt ceiling (and it was shot down) is a testament to how cash-strapped we are, I think.

I am not saying this transfer will break us, of course not but we can't keep making huge money signings and offering the kind of salaries we are offering. Sooner or later we will run into trouble financially. And when that happens, shit will hit the fan.

El Gato

Villarato!
We paid what we can afford, based on the money we generate, and allowed a Barca fan and a talented midfielder raised in the Barca spirit to play at his favorite club. Everybody is happy. Except PSG who got put in their place.

That's the real story here. Rest is pretty much speculations, closer or farther from the said truth I wrote above.

There is a point to be made about continued negotiation fuckups if that reported salary of 13-16m net proves to be true.

That said at least you're doing something. It will cause rivals to step up and try to match the strategy if FDJ introduction succeeds on paper. It probably will not this season, no room for him among that midfield, but for years to come? Sure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG should get g.o.a.l.c.o.m treatment on this board. It's tiring. It's got its thread.

True. Do you have some other numbers?

There's no numbers so far, probably because these things are usually confidential and it happened so quickly. I would wait a few days when other outlets start reporting something.

We were supposedly paying a shitload to Dembele too, but the contract Der Spiegel had showed his base salary is 7-8m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans