Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

National Team Football ≠ Club Football.

I know Koeman is a club legend and an authoritative figure, but his record in club football is not good at all. For me this is just another safe option.

I just want the club to take a bet on a manager that's proving himself right now or a guy that's been learning from a master. You probably know the two I am talking about.

Risks? For sure. But so were Rijkaard and Pep. At worst we'll keep winning league titles and get kicked out of the CL in similar fashion. At best it could set us up for the future while becoming a better and more competitive team.

I'd rather go with Xavi, than Arteta (if he's the name you refer to after ten Hag). Not completely sold on ten Hag. And Xavi has learned from Guardiola too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd rather go with Xavi, than Arteta (if he's the name you refer to after ten Hag). Not completely sold on ten Hag. And Xavi has learned from Guardiola too.

I don't think Xavi will return until most of our senior players are gone. It feel like he don't want to coach his former team mates and want to start with a fresh, new team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which is why I'd go Koeman first.

Koeman is not going to change much. He'll command more respect, but tactically I'm not sure he'll bring something much different from Valverde based on his time in Southampton and Everton.

I guess the team will be more disciplined though with guys like Pique not walking over Koeman like he does with Valverde by flying to the United States without his permission.

serghei

Koeman is not going to change much. He'll command more respect, but tactically I'm not sure he'll bring something much different from Valverde based on his time in Southampton and Everton.

I guess the team will be more disciplined though with guys like Pique not walking over Koeman like he does with Valverde by flying to the United States without his permission.

He'll improve us in every way. Valverde is a calamity from a tactical standpoint. He wasn't great to begin with, but he's degrading even more with each season. The guys is completely clueless.

There won't be any true reconstruction until the veterans are out. We need a mature coach with experience and personality at this point. It's too early for ten Hag, Arteta or Xavi.

Newcomer

Even Frank de Boer doesn't understand Valverde's decision to play him in a more extreme(attacking role) and says he needs to be played in a deeper position(Busi/Xavi) role and says doesn't know what Valverde wants to do with him.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...ong-valverde-frank-de-boer-barca-atlanta.html

Frank de Boer is a joke of a coach though.

I like how people know how everything should be done from outside but they fail when they have to do the job themselves. He broke some impressive records at Crystal Palace (he was sacked while his team didn't score a single goal in the league).
De Jong and Barça just needs time to find his correct position and partners because his talent is evident.

serghei

As long as the club acts through incompetents like Valverde time does't solve much. All the time in the world wouldn't make Valverde a great manager.

xXKonan

How about post what De Jong said, that he's okay in every Midfield position
Just seems like your standard answer that he always wants to play.

I could see what Valverde could be trying to do but with FDJ but the truth is he's not suited for that role. If he had a role that he can still be a massive influence in the build-up but also being able to progress the ball and get forward into the attack like we have seen Arthur do vs Osasuna it could work.

But playing him up far up the pitch with him not being able to get that many touches of the ball like he's used to is not great.

khaled_a_d

Frank de Boer is a joke of a coach though.

I like how people know how everything should be done from outside but they fail when they have to do the job themselves. He broke some impressive records at Crystal Palace (he was sacked while his team didn't score a single goal in the league).
De Jong and Barça just needs time to find his correct position and partners because his talent is evident.

Yup,those bundits with all the big mouth in the media have been proven time and time again there is a reason they aren't on the sidelines for decent clubs for a reason.
After Henry & Neville I would be aware of those criticizing coaching decisions.

As for FDJ, football fans lack patience, and that is the most important thing with player like FDJ. He isn't a Busquets type of player and plays way different, it will take time of him to adjust to the team, and for the team to adjust for him.
There was a long debate on his best position in Barca before he comes, it is a bit naive for people to forget that so soon

Raketa10

Apparently everyone except our beloved Retardo can see that we are not using De Jong as we should. This idiot will ruin every single young player in this team.

JPM85

Was playing more attacking yesterday on the Estonia - Netherlands game.
Still dictated the pace, and had a good chemistry with Blind (Alba role).

JPM85

I don't think Xavi will return until most of our senior players are gone. It feel like he don't want to coach his former team mates and want to start with a fresh, new team.

I would like to see Ten Hag move to Barcelona, and Xavi to Ajax.
It would be a far better test for Xavi's abilities to show his coaching talent on a young squad at Ajax.

No coach will stay longer than 2-3 years at Barcelona, would be perfect timing for him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Outside of Guardiola, no coach has been developing youth as coach of the first team - he was an anomaly and to expect every coach to approach it the same much less have the courage to play the way he does is unrealistic. Of course, you also want to see the talent of a player being maximized under a coach and that too we have not seen other than with Pep

Yet, it doesn't mean we can't hire coaches that adhere to the playing style we covet, i.e. Setien or Ten Hag. Betray many things but the playing style? Absolutely not - Valverde is pragmatic & tactically uninspired much less cowardly in his approaches. 2 seasons in and has any player actually improved under him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans