Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

This guy has to play on another position just so that Retardo can put Busquets or Rakitic in the first 11. Just like Iniesta had to play LW so that the flop Fabregas could play in mid.

He'll end up being put at RB so that Roberto has a place in midfield aswell.

Always knew Valverde was a piece of shit.

Messigician

Frenkie de Jong vs. Germany

Minutes: 95’
Goals: 1
Touches: 81
Accurate passes: 66/71 (93%)
Dribbles: 2/3
Long balls: 7/8
Ground duels: 3/7
Interceptions: 2

absolutely balling when NOT coached by Ernesto......

George_Costanza

Am I the only one who wants more useless international friendlies so players like FDJ, Arthur, Alena, etc. can develop better under better managers?

MTL_Barca

It's not about EV placing him a bit too high or deep anyway, it's more about the overall flaws of Valverde when it comes to create a good working team and make the best use of every player.

Frenkie wouldn't be the first player that mysteriously can't perform up to his full potential under Valverde and he won't be the last one.

That being said he is way too good to flop anyway, no matter where in midfield Valverde will play him and who he plays next to he will be the best CM in most games anyway. I think he played fine until now and he'll just get better.

Danic

Im at the point i would rather watch netherland every week instead of barca. This was some fine football 2nd half. Not the typical valverde turtle bullshit where everyone almost falls asleep...

Donatello

Calma, we will draw against Valencia, lose to Dortmund and Valverde will get sacked.

Better hope that doesn't happen because Valverde isn't going going to get sacked.

Instead, it will make this board more desperate for big money buys, especially Neymar.

Vilarrubi

Better hope that doesn't happen because Valverde isn't going going to get sacked.

Instead, it will make this board more desperate for big money buys, especially Neymar.

Agree I think there’s hardly any chance he gets sacked, but he’s had La Liga results protecting him since he’s been here, even playing shit football at times he got the results due to Messi/luck. Would like to see what would happen if we were a good 9/10 points behind.

TangInaMo

Banned
:lol::lol::lol:

The absolute state of this fanbase.

Complete shambles.

After he disappointed in his first match as DM it was because he was playing too deep.

The next two matches he was given more freedom and was played further up the pitch.

He still disappointed so now he needs to be moved back to DM.

No matter what it's Valverde's fault.

You cannot make this bollocks up. Have some self respect for FFS.

Reading comments here, i think that's the consensus.
People here will find a way to avoid criticizing FDJ. When FDJ himself mentioned he can play in every position in the Midfield. So if he play mediocre no need to make an excuse about his position

serghei

Koeman is doing a great job with Nederlands ain't he? He could be the manager we need to move on from the clown until Xavi gets ready. Former Barca legend, takes no shit, and plays nice football. Maybe not total football nice, but still much better than the dross the idiot has us playing.

Gnidrologist

Tbh i don't enjoy Netherlands much, they play slow and predictable most of the time. They have donkeys upfront and lack any creativity though so given the players Koeman has, results are very good indeed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koeman is doing a great job with Nederlands ain't he? He could be the manager we need to move on from the clown until Xavi gets ready. Former Barca legend, takes no shit, and plays nice football. Maybe not total football nice, but still much better than the dross the idiot has us playing.

National Team Football ≠ Club Football.

I know Koeman is a club legend and an authoritative figure, but his record in club football is not good at all. For me this is just another safe option.

I just want the club to take a bet on a manager that's proving himself right now or a guy that's been learning from a master. You probably know the two I am talking about.

Risks? For sure. But so were Rijkaard and Pep. At worst we'll keep winning league titles and get kicked out of the CL in similar fashion. At best it could set us up for the future while becoming a better and more competitive team.

Riordon

National Team Football ≠ Club Football.

I know Koeman is a club legend and an authoritative figure, but his record in club football is not good at all. For me this is just another safe option.

I just want the club to take a bet on a manager that's proving himself right now or a guy that's been learning from a master. You probably know the two I am talking about.

Risks? For sure. But so were Rijkaard and Pep. At worst we'll keep winning league titles and get kicked out of the CL in similar fashion. At best it could set us up for the future while becoming a better and more competitive team.

I know you like Ten Haag and I do too, but aren’t you worried about the fact that he can’t speak Spanish? I’m not sure he would say yes to the job, I think he wants Bayern more.

What about Lopetegui? His Spain side was very good and his Sevilla is great. Plays possession football and the coach was never the problem at Madrid. Think he is my favorite

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know you like Ten Haag and I do too, but aren’t you worried about the fact that he can’t speak Spanish? I’m not sure he would say yes to the job, I think he wants Bayern more.

What about Lopetegui? His Spain side was very good and his Sevilla is great. Plays possession football and the coach was never the problem at Madrid. Think he is my favorite

Nope. Most of our players are able to communicate in English, and he can learn Spanish and have Spanish assistants to help him out if needed. Won't be the first Barcelona manager who didn't speak Spanish.

Lopetegui got some good ideas, but he's bad at implementing them and was a bust at Porto and Real Madrid despite having the players' support, and after the debacle which led to his dismissal from the Spanish NT and subsequent arrival in Madrid I don't trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans