Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

Im not the biggest Eriksen fan, but I would love to see him here over Rakitic and Vidal. Frenkie/Eriksen/Arthur/Busquets in midfield looks much more balanced than having 2 clones (Busquets and Rakitic) and a useless Vidal.

FinBarcelonafan

Im not the biggest Eriksen fan, but I would love to see him here over Rakitic and Vidal. Frenkie/Eriksen/Arthur/Busquets in midfield looks much more balanced than having 2 clones (Busquets and Rakitic) and a useless Vidal.

Also Eriksen is good offensively and has a good work rate. Put him with Arthur and DeJong and I think we will be fine. In tougher or more physical game put Vidal in.

Eriksen seems a good fit.

We are really scraping the barrel calling for the likes of Eriksen to come here. I am as convinced as I've ever been that he would flop here. We need to work with what we have and accept it's not perfect and we have fucked up big time. We don't have the money to fix the team and the players aren't there to fix it if we did.

You can't waste 400m on 3 players to play LW and none of them are up to it and not expect a lean spell of at least a season or two.

Rory

A midfield roster of Frenkie, Arthur, Eriksen, someone like Partey with Aleña and Busquets would be my ideal scenario when taking into account we have a budget to stick to due to overspending last 3 windows and who's actually available. When we need to attack we have those options e.g. Frenkie, Eriksen and Aleña/Arthur are a good enough 3 while not being over the top attacking and leaving us vulnerable. If we need to see out a game: Frenkie, Partey Busquets/Arthur (to keep the ball off the opponent). For any other game it would obviously depend on the tactics of the opponent and who is in good form. If we don't invest heavily in our midfield this next transfer window then there was no point signing a generational talent like Frenkie.

Rory

We are really scraping the barrel calling for the likes of Eriksen to come here. I am as convinced as I've ever been that he would flop here. We need to work with what we have and accept it's not perfect and we have fucked up big time. We don't have the money to fix the team and the players aren't there to fix it if we did.

You can't waste 400m on 3 players to play LW and none of them are up to it and not expect a lean spell of at least a season or two.

Eriksen is a relatively risk-free bet though. Free transfer (maybe a signing on fee) and wages is all he'd cost. If he flopped we could sell for €20-€40m because he undeniably has a good reputation.

mc_lovin

If we don't invest heavily in our midfield this next transfer window then there was no point signing a generational talent like Frenkie.

What? Our midfield would be tragic without Frenkie at the moment, theres always a point in getting someone like him. And I dont think we need massive midfield signings (80ME+), those players are not on the market anyway. Eriksen would be more than fine right now, I dont think Partey would be willing to f*** Atletico over. Add L. Martinez and we have a great squad. Not without weaknesses, but thats rarely achieved.

Rory

What? Our midfield would be tragic without Frenkie at the moment, theres always a point in getting someone like him. And I dont think we need massive midfield signings (80ME+), those players are not on the market anyway. Eriksen would be more than fine right now, I dont think Partey would be willing to f*** Atletico over. Add L. Martinez and we have a great squad. Not without weaknesses, but thats rarely achieved.

Yeah he's obviously amazing I just mean to get the best out of him we need to also sign the right players to play next to him. I didn't mean invest heavily money wise I mean investing the time and effort to make the right decisions and not just throw €100m at a problem hoping it will fix it. No idea if Partey would be available just said that someone like him would be a good addition. Martinez would cost €100m and has only proven himself for half a season. I do like him but until Suarez leaves he may as well develop at Inter.

Gnidrologist

Very good post. If people think as soon as a new manager comes in some of the clearly average players we have will suddenly go in to a phone box and turn in to Superman they are dreaaammminng.
The very reason we're stuck with geezer de amigos and don't see even signs of overhaul is EV and board, who have mutual love. Smart coach with support, would've gotten rid of dead weight after the first season. EV is happy with his ol' washed up dea amigoses cuz he's an ol' amigo himself.

Nello

I'm not sure Eriksen would be a flop here. At the moment, we are (sometimes) subbing in Arturo Vidal when we need more offensive skills in our midfield. Even tho Vidal is a good Box2Box midfielder, Eriksen is a much superior player offensively, with a much bigger skillset. He knows how to dribble, carry the ball, operate in tight spaces makes dangerous passes and have a great shot. He would be able to contribute with something that none of Valverde's currently preferred veterans can.

He would be relatively cheap in this market, and all he needs to do to improve us is to outperform slow, old and past it Busi, Rakitic, who doesn't really offer anything these days besides solid positional awareness and decent stamina and lastly aggressive Vidal, who sometimes makes great tackles and score goals, and others times commits one foul after another and makes sloppy passes left and right.

I think chances are good that Eriksen will outperform them, and he has the age and experience that Valverde seems to value so highly.

CatalinR10

Are you guys seriously thinking we should pass on a 100 mil worth midfielder who would be free next summer or somewhere around 10-15 mil max this winter ?

CatalinR10

Get Eriksen now in the winter and in the summer get the GOAT working midfielder Kante.

Sell some plebs and we should have money for a striker aswell.

Likely scenario is that we'll keep Rakitic-Busi-Vidal next year aswell and bring Neymar.

mc_lovin

Are you guys seriously thinking we should pass on a 100 mil worth midfielder who would be free next summer or somewhere around 10-15 mil max this winter ?

Where are you reading this? xD I think most here would be in favour, hes pretty much Rakitic 2.0 in a good way - hes very comparable to him when he was at Sevilla. But theres no way hes a 100ME type of player, hes the next best thing (aka not the highest tier of midfielders).

The more pressing question is why he was so utterly shit the last 1.5-2years (?). Thats the only concern for me, but seeing Rakitic and Vidal Im all for it.

KingLeo10

Get Eriksen now in the winter and in the summer get the GOAT working midfielder Kante.

Sell some plebs and we should have money for a striker aswell.

Likely scenario is that we'll keep Rakitic-Busi-Vidal next year aswell and bring Neymar.

We'd win every midfield battle with FDJ, Arthur, Eriksen, Kante to fill in for 3 of the 4 spots.

Even with a braindead EV.

It's a no brainer, dawg, which means Barto won't do it.

:umtiti:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans