Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Where are you reading this? xD I think most here would be in favour, hes pretty much Rakitic 2.0 in a good way - hes very comparable to him when he was at Sevilla. But theres no way hes a 100ME type of player, hes the next best thing (aka not the highest tier of midfielders).

The more pressing question is why he was so utterly shit the last 1.5-2years (?). Thats the only concern for me, but seeing Rakitic and Vidal Im all for it.

That's his worth on transfermarkt ( just checked and saw that it was updated to 90 mil this month ) . Also reason that he was shit in this period is because he doesn't want to play anymore for Tottenham. Who knows what goes behind doors at that club , maybe he wanted to leave for several years and was denied every time so he doesn't give a shit anymore.

CatalinR10

Kante would be insanely expensive for a DM. I would rather get a striker for that kind of money.

true but i've read some news that he wants to leave Chelsea and both of us and RM are interested ( might be fake ). If we sort out our midfield and Messi could advance more in the field because of this , it's OVER.

Rory

Eriksen last year 8 goals and 12 assists in the prem, 2 goals 4 assists in the ucl. He's been shit this season, not 1.5-2 years.

Last edited:

ronniecro

i don't know about you guys but i think brozović could work very well for our midfield,he lacks the technique but he's all over the place. arthur-brozović-de jong seems pretty good for me

Nello

Where are you reading this? xD I think most here would be in favour, hes pretty much Rakitic 2.0 in a good way - hes very comparable to him when he was at Sevilla. But theres no way hes a 100ME type of player, hes the next best thing (aka not the highest tier of midfielders).

The more pressing question is why he was so utterly shit the last 1.5-2years (?). Thats the only concern for me, but seeing Rakitic and Vidal Im all for it.

As Rory Wrote, he's been shit this season, not the last 2 years. Which largely is due to him wanting to leave, but Levy holding on to him for too long. He was bench from the beginning of the season due to him refusing to renew, so I think it's more about that than anything else. He's been his usual self for the Danish NT.

Also Eriksen is far more technically gifted than Rakitic ever was, and has a much superior passing game. Rakitic was a very good player in his own way, but otherwise they don't have much in common.

Arnaez

As Rory Wrote, he's been shit this season, not the last 2 years. Which largely is due to him wanting to leave, but Levy holding on to him for too long. He was bench from the beginning of the season due to him refusing to renew, so I think it's more about that than anything else. He's been his usual self for the Danish NT.

Also Eriksen is far more technically gifted than Rakitic ever was, and has a much superior passing game. Rakitic was a very good player in his own way, but otherwise they don't have much in common.

He's not far more technically gifted, people would be disappointed with that part of his game if he came. The crosses and goals are great, but he isn't particularly great in tight spaces or at dictating play.

Last edited:

kattanib

You guys are funny. You got stock in your Kante fantasy since three years ago and forgot one key thing .. with time humans grow in age. He will be 29 next year.

xXKonan

Telegraaf is very unreliable.
This isn't the only rumor that appeared this year that Valverde didn't want De Jong. There were rumors he wanted someone like Ander Herrea instead.

He changed his tune though as he's been a bonafide starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans