Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I rate him high, and it’s not because I am Dutch. The guy is intelligent good athletism and technique. If he ain’t gonna make it here I don’t see who will.

JamDav1982

Yup barca are masters at playing players in there wrong position, they enjoy it

All to protect the older core in the team.

Cant play a high line at all times as Pique/Busi etc are so slow to defend on break.

Cant play anyone with legs at DM as Busi is untouchable.

Cant play a game based on midfield as they have to be set up to cover the front players who dont press or track back.

Cant press from front as not all players capable.

End up buying players then play them out of position to cover for the old core.

Would not be surprised if FDJ regrets his decision and to join.

JamDav1982

Would he be the first? You could arguably have all of Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Messi and De Jong at pivot in the squad at the cost of one Suarez. But no.

Lmao.

I doubt he is the first and the fact Suarez is talking about extending his contract to 2022 shows where the club is heading.

No board will run in the election with promise of sweeping changes needed to cull the older players bar Messi and even then Messi needs to adapt as well.

Likes of Font will look for those players backing and the cycle will repeat for another few years.

Don Andrésº8

He carried a mid table Ajax but now he is shit??!!?!! People who come here saying bad thing about frenkie know shit about football, the problem is the team being ridiculous bad and play sunday league football

Messigician

He carried a mid table Ajax but now he is shit??!!?!! People who come here saying bad thing about frenkie know shit about football, the problem is the team being ridiculous bad and play sunday league football

Stop with that bullshit narrative. Ajax played well as a team no one carried anyone, Tadic, Ziyech, Van De Beek, De Ligt all equally as important.

Oh and they still bottled it at the end to a shit spurs

Horatio

You're welcome
Stop with that bullshit narrative. Ajax played well as a team no one carried anyone, Tadic, Ziyech, Van De Beek, De Ligt all equally as important.

Oh and they still bottled it at the end to a shit spurs

Frenkie was obviously the most talented amongst those.

tacticvarium

I have always been skeptical about people overhyping FDJ but he should be one of the very last players to worry about in this squad.
He will be just fine when the team is filled with the right players with the proper mentality/attitude under proper tactical set-up.
He is also probably trying to convince himself that he made the right choice to come here.
But most of the big clubs are having a terrible transitional period so it might not have been so different for him personally even if he ended up signing for another club.

Last edited:

BALUGA

Banned
I have always been skeptical about people overhyping FDJ but he should be one of the very last players to worry about in this squad.
He will be just fine when the team is filled with the right players with the proper mentality/attitude under proper tactical set-up.
He is also probably trying to convince himself that he made the right choice to come here.
But most of the big clubs are having a terrible transitional period so it might not have been so different for him personally even if he ended up signing for another club.

S if he's playing shit, it's because of his teammates and manager. De Jong gotta be the most perfect player evah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans