Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
you can literally feel him begging for someone to move at pace with him for the quick passing transitions

Joan

A player of that caliber (said to be top) has to show much higher level, even in far from ideal circumstances.

@serghei

Quoting myself, but, this was it. Today's game is what I (and probably some others) talked about. The team wasn't supporting, but he made things happen. Showed desire and ability on his own. Very happy for him!

serghei

@serghei

Quoting myself, but, this was it. Today's game is what I (and probably some others) talked about. The team wasn't supporting, but he made things happen. Showed desire and ability on his own. Very happy for him!

But this was just Levante at home. If he plays like this vs a bigger team it will not be enough. Besides, he has had plenty of good games, it's just that in the bigger ones you need way more team support.

sikkboy

Seemed that he had been instructed to go beyond the forwards when the opportunity arose. Teams that don't have midfielders apable of doing that struggle to open up space. Easier to do vs domestic league strugglers than competent teams however, without exposing Barca's soft underbelly.

JohnN

Good initiatives from FDJ today. Still suspect of losing the ball near our goal every match due to ball hogging and trying to beat his man instead of easy passes. I would really like to see him with Puig and a real dm as a midfield trio.

BusiTheKing

The most post-2016 barca moment was against Levante when Frenkie carried the ball by himself past two pressing opponents, holding one guy off for 30 metres, all the way into the box just to look up and realize that no attacker had bothered to run up there with him. It was a pure 'I give up' moment for me.

I remember the same exact thing happened with Arthur in a Clasico.

You wouldn't find a single other team in this world where this kind of thing would happen when they need a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans